Rebuilding 16 Shocks, What is a good replacement Shock Oil also what are you drilling your shocks out to when running 2 per corner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSteve

I only have about 2/3s of a bottle of Primal silicone shock oil left and have a lot of shocks to rebuild. What are people using as a replacement oil? I don't want to buy 2oz jugs but I'm looking for more like 16oz jugs. Any ideas? I was thinking motorcycle stuff but I am not sure because it says petroleum based, maybe a full synthetic?

For those rolling around with two shocks per corner, one naked and one with springs, have you drilled out the holes in the shocks to make the suspension less bouncy? I have both 7mm and 10mm shocks, and I am not sure if the same size will work for both or if they need to be a little larger on the 10mm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yup, got about 11 ounces left. Problem is I might run out and just made my order today without thinking about it. The price on the Primal 10 wt is good, I’m just thinking about when it comes. If there is another solution I’d like to know. I know there is more motorcycle money for R&D than RCs.

Drilled my 7mm shocks out to 1/8” (.125”), YouTuber CCxRC did a slightly smaller hole for a four shock setup and Talbot did a 3.5mm drill out ~0.137 for 8. I’ll hold off on drilling the 10mm shocks until I hear from the community.

Thanks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks