Rebuilding diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am buying a km that has a leaking diff. It is brand new, what parts should I replace in it once I get it apart. Thanks

If its a New Km Diff & only leaking diff oil just replace main Diff Gasket with New Gasket to fix leaking. Km Diff should last good couple years if well maintained with new Diff oil after every ten tanks of gas or when Diff starts to leak again. When replacing Diff oil check to make sure there is no worn bevel gears & inner axle set screws are Loctite & so on. Clean old Diff oil out of Diff casing replace with new Diff oil & New gasket.

check case halves in case there are burs of cast from the casting process and the diff halves are not closing fully, also check the O-rings on the axle outdrives,,, incase one was cut when putting the axle outdrives in , causing the leak ,, and the plugs that go in the side of the case that allow u to put the pins in that hold the axle outdrives in,,, there is a small o ring on those too,,,, think that is all the possible places it could leak diff fluid,, unless the case just has a physical crack in it,,, but that should be rare,, than would replace the diif, new km ones are like 40 bucks from king motors,,, a hpi is like 80 bucks,,, cheaper on ebay, a hpi diff being better,,

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks