Rebuilding the KM Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Matt

This is going to be my rebuild thread, your input will be appreciated too. I started with a KM 23cc buggy, had alot of fun with it, replaced some parts right away though. Needed better servos and then the engine died so I put a 29cc kit in it. That ran well for a few gallons then blew a base gasket and scored the wall bad. I put the car on the shelf for nearly a year but have gotten the 1/5th itch again so I ordered parts from Dave's yesterday.

Since I am bolting in a 4 bolt Zenoah and DDM V2 pipe I figured I would take the tranny apart and clean/rebuild it. After getting it apart I found it was in really good shape so I just cleaned the gears. I opened the diff and guess what? It was empty! It had a real light coat of grease on it and everything looked good so I cleaned the gears and case and put it back together. I also filled it 3/4 the way with Losi 5000wt gear lube. Next I put some Fast Eddy tranny/dogbone grease on the gears and bolted everything back together, thats where I ended for the night, more later.

I broke the shocks down last night and got them all cleaned. They look really good so I am only changing the shock oil and putting in Threshold High Pressure Umbrella Seal kit. Going to change down to 25wt in the front and up to 15wt in the rear, it always felt pretty soft IMO.
BajaShocks_zps8633e15e.jpg

And here is my car just to show it off. I have a Pro-Line Desert Rat body on it and a Pro-Line Undertray. Gotta love the Lime Ice paintjob.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks