Receiver battery life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja Rocks

Hi

My standard 4 cell receiver battery only lasts about 20 min. I am running 4 servos in the FG 4wd comp model. I am wondering is this normal for the 2200 mah batteries or should I get a longer time out of the battery?

You should get a longer run time, even though it is a small battery for what you are running.
How old is the battery?
What type of charger are you using?
What type of battery is it? eg, nimh or nicad?
Do you have a battery monitor such as a Voltwatch to check that the battery is even charged to begin with?

The battery packs are new. I have 2 of them. They are NM and are charged on a new Swallow charger. I am stumped as to the low run time.

What does you charger show for mah when done charging them? Wonder if you are getting a false charge? I hate batteries by the way, I have problems with them.:blush:

What servos are you running; as some draw a lot of current and could suck the battery dry in a reasonable short space of time?

Hi

My standard 4 cell receiver battery only lasts about 20 min. I am running 4 servos in the FG 4wd comp model. I am wondering is this normal for the 2200 mah batteries or should I get a longer time out of the battery?

If you are running a 4 cell you won't get the 6 volts the servos need. You are only getting 4.8 volts. (1.2volts per cell)

I would upgrade to a 5 cell something around 3000mah or higher.

If you are running a 4 cell you won't get the 6 volts the servos need. You are only getting 4.8 volts. (1.2volts per cell)

I would upgrade to a 5 cell something around 3000mah or higher.

:lol: I didn't even see that they are 4 cell. Are you running AA's in the 4cell holder that came stock? If so, they will not keep up. You need a rechargable reciever pack like THIS.

I am running 2 hitec steering servos, 1 hitec brake servo and 1 hitec throttle servo (all digital).

I have come to the conclusion that I will need a 4200 mah, 6v, 5 sub-c cell nimh pack (that is used in a Baja 5t) and ditch the 4 aa 2200 mah batteries.

The extra weight is not that much difference if you take out the steel tray that holds the 4 aa cell batteries and the weight of the batteries is moved forward as it will be mounted directly over the wheels which I cannot see being a bad thing given it is 4wd.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
I am surprised you even got 20 min out of that 4cell with 3 digi servos!!

Look around on Evilbay, I saw a 5000mah Nimh with a quick charge plug (Tamiya style) for 35 bucks..

I am running 3s lipos with a castle bec. I too run digis and can run all weekend without charging. maybe a little more money up front but because of the bec I can plug anything from a 5 cel nmh up to whatever I have kicking around in a pinch and it puts out 6v constant.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks