Receiver Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher

Good day, everyone.

It has been a long time since I have even touched my KM (work, volunteer work, and daughters wedding).

The baja has been sitting on my workbench untouched for roughly 2 months. During this time it has had fuel in it and the battery plugged in.

Last night I decided to start it up. After about 50 pulls on the string, nothing. I put a few drops of fuel down the spark plug hole and it finally fired up, but would only run for about 20 seconds and stall. On subsequent attempt, it would start up (but run rough). After a few moments, I noticed that the low voltage was kicking in and activating the kill switch.

At this point, I'm sure the fuel is stale and the battery is bad (having been left plugged in so long).

I'm going to drain the fuel tomorrow. Is there anything else I need to do? Do I need to remove and clean the carb (Walbro 990). I'm thinking to purge the engine I may remove all the fuel from the tank and start the engine and let it run dry. Also, do I need to dispose of the gas/oil mix that I have had sitting in my gas can since I bought the KM?

I'm also looking for recommendation for a replacement battery, and a charger that won't kill the battery if left plugged in. I know that the stock charger keeps feeding a charge and overcharges the receiver pack. I want to get a good pack and avoid this problem next time.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll check that out. The Killer Bee was my very first mod. Didn't want this thing getting away from me!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks