RedCat / Looking to try out 1/5th scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcaputo

Hey guys I have a losi Nitro 1/8 buggy that i bash with (when its not broken) I am looking to maybe try a 1/5 buggy but I want 4wd for sure so HPI is out.

The redcat xb and dunerunner look good but what can you guys tell me about them what would you recommend.. I have googled them and found the hop ups needed for XB to keep it running such as servo and the gear plate since the bearings are prone to burn out. Also do you know other options for me in this class (that are not a fortune). I notice most 1/5 have one servo for throttle and one for brakes. I think the redcat only has one for both

Redcat makes a nice product make sure you go through and locktite every screw. www.7075.com has really nice hop ups. Also the stock drive cups are horrible change them immediately your first hard landing they will break. overall Redcat is a nice car for the money and you can't beat the 90 warranty.

Redcat makes a nice product make sure you go through and locktite every screw. www.7075.com has really nice hop ups. Also the stock drive cups are horrible change them immediately your first hard landing they will break. overall Redcat is a nice car for the money and you can't beat the 90 warranty.

Looks like that website redirects to something strange. Have you driven the XB or dune runner? if so which would you say is the better drive. I drive 1/8 nitro and those things are pretty fast .. what kind of speed can I expect the videos some seem slow .. some seem fast I am sure scale makes them seem slower but I like the more realistic movement which 1/8 does not have those things just zip around crazy

is this the site by any chance? http://www.7075rc.flyingcart.com/

Looks like that website redirects to something strange. Have you driven the XB or dune runner? if so which would you say is the better drive. I drive 1/8 nitro and those things are pretty fast .. what kind of speed can I expect the videos some seem slow .. some seem fast I am sure scale makes them seem slower but I like the more realistic movement which 1/8 does not have those things just zip around crazy

is this the site by any chance? http://www.7075rc.flyingcart.com/

The car will not be as quick it will go almost as fast
It's a lot easier to drive I call them old man friendly you do not have to be 18 to be competitive if you race
And it will run almost anywhere tall grass rocks sand
But the best part it will idle all day and cost about $10 a gallon to run so if you like to drive you will get your fill

There not the quickest car around but its good for bashing. I have the chimera and i love it i'm in the process or covering it into a rally car. It has a esp 30.5 race ported motor with hpi tarmac on road wheels. I need to order rear shock tower, bumpers and body mounts to complete. I'v never drove the dunerunner i suggested the xb because you will have more after market parts.

There not the quickest car around but its good for bashing. I have the chimera and i love it i'm in the process or covering it into a rally car. It has a esp 30.5 race ported motor with hpi tarmac on road wheels. I need to order rear shock tower, bumpers and body mounts to complete. I'v never drove the dunerunner i suggested the xb because you will have more after market parts.

Yes I am leaning toward the XB for just that reason.. I do like the look of the dune and the fact its less plastic. I torn between getting another 1/8 buggy or this .. I have $200 Amain credit burning a hole in my pocket

Last edited:
xsc here

i have a xsc which is a xb/xt ,, the drive cups are weak,, a lot of people put sleaves over them,,, front cvs are prone to breaking,, fast lane machine use to make drive shafts for them, but wasn't enough demand and stopped making them,,, so a lot of people modify the hubs to run front dogbones,, stock gear plate can be weak,, and automatically replace stock bearings,, servos are junk,, front hubs are junk,, metal nut molded into the plastic for the front king pins,, 7075 rc has lots of stuff for the x series,, and many others as well do too,, honestly too much plastic,, I bought the xsc cause I thought was cheap for a 4wd,,, personally,, if u want a redcat,, get the mt or dunerunner,,, they are bit bigger,, heavier duty,, hence not as many aftermarket for them,, are heavier,, but last a lot longer, and take a lot more abuse,, ,, and are similar in size to a Baja,, as far as a dunerunner goes,, its a 4wd buggy ..........

I know this is off subject,but a friend of mine bought a barca exceed,do redcat parts interchang?,from pic they look like they will

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks