Redcat Racing Visit Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those things look sweet, I am definitely getting the truck. If we don't have a local hobby shop does it take long to get parts from Redcat ?

Last edited:
OK, here is the story for today. We all met up at 9:00 at West Chandler park in Chandler Arizona. Its a fairly good spot for testing, and no one really bothers you there. 5 bajas and the Redcat buggy and Monster Truck.

BUGGY:
The buggy comes with a stock 23cc CY engine. The stuffed muffler from the factory was choking the output, so we threw on an X-can. Woke up the neighbors and really made a big diffference in power. Redcat had a few tanks through, so it was just starting to come into the known power we all see out of the 23. The buggy was running good, so we decided to take some video. Darin proceeded to make a high speed run, just at the same time another radio turned on. Turns out, one of the Bajas had the same channel as the buggy. The buggy was on AM, but the Baja was on FM. All of us asked who had what, but no one asked if the FM was on 27mhz. I assumed it was 75mhz. The buggy used all of its 4x4 power to slam into a curb going full speed. It climbed several boulders with ease, and jumped over a ravine, and took off across the street, until it hit the curb. The day was ended for the buggy with 2 broken a-arms and no spares available.

MONSTER TRUCK:
The 23cc CY is standard again, but we switched out the stuffed muffler for a gutted can. The MT only had one tank through, and needed some time to break in. We tuned it for a little more power after the second tank was filled. The Monster truck is a different beast than the buggy. It was inpressive climbing the hills and making full speed turns with power on. The buggy is certianly faster out of the box, but the Monster Truck is a blast to bash with.

Here are the videos. I had to edit some of it down to fit onto the server. As soon as I cna figure out how to get better resolution uploaded, I'll change these out.

RedcatWCP1

RedcatWCP2

RedcatWCP3

RedcatWCP4

RedcatWCP5

See links below for youtube videos.

We'll be back at it next week to shoot some video of the buggy.

Today was a lot of fun. Some of those Bajas that were out there, were truly something.

Wish I had not wrecked the buggy, but there will be other days, but knowing me I will just wreck it again. If I had one skill that I had to say I was best at, it would surely be destroying RC vehicles. I rock at that. :)

Thanks for the videos and all your help today, it was great to get the Redcats out there in public for the first time.

Darin

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks