Redcat Rampage Xb or King Motor Baja Ksrc-002 b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nolimit

Im new to the hobby an cant decide on these 2 buggy would like some feedback on the 2 please an not looking to start a big bashing thread on the 2 just would like some feedback an opinions please

Do you want 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive? the redcat is easier to work on. 2 wheel KM 4 wheel redcat. There is a larger aftermarket more upgrades for KM since its a HPI clone. What are your parts availability are you close to a hobby shop that stocks either one in parts that will play a role in if you want to get all of your parts off the internet or can buy local and have the parts quicker. The redcat X series will need more upgrades out of the box to make it more durable then the KM will need out of the box.

4wd would be nice. But i would like to a more reliable vehicle they both cost the same an ive heard good an bad about both. Ive been told if i go with redcat to do the baja wheel tire upgrade first an that there is a extra $160 right away so to me it seems km would be the way to go but then i hear there customer service sucks there is no warranty an there motors are trash

As far as parts go would most likely buy off internet.as far as redcats go what uogrades would need to be done out the box? I don't plan in racing just bashing an having fun

I have a redcat xsc and a km 001 that I converted to a hpi Baja 5t,, and the remaining parts to put the km back together,, anyway,, I got into 1/5th scale with the redcat when people were just making aftermarket parts for it a cpl years ago,,,I upgraded chassis, running nutech monster truck shocks,, nutech steering posts and bearings, phat cat parts,, but then got bored, ,aftermarket parts were few and far between from stock,, they have weak parts like any of them do,, driveline and shocks/ shock position,, shocks are layed down at a angle,, and put undue stress on the middle of the shock under compression ,, and they tend to fail,, aftermarket shock tower sits the shock more upright,,,,,, fastlane machine made replacement axles for a while, but quit, no demand,,, so pretty much stuck with stock,,, 7075rc generally makes all the aluminum parts for them,, easy grand there on upgrades,, if u wanted,, once I bought the km and started upgrading I was hooked ,,, now cpl grand later,, car is pretty much all aftermarket,, and now a truck,, using king motor t1000 body,, but not a lot of km left on it,,,, love the Baja though, lots of fun,, especially when u put a modded engine on it with some power,, ,, honestly ,, the redcat has never been run,, sits half apart,, one of these days maybe ill get bug to finish it,,, just bought a crankcase and a 2mm stuffed crank to start building a engine for it from the black Friday sales,, so maybe will get bug to get the rest of the parts to finish,,, love both,, but id buy the km first next time,,,,, will have lots of fun with it,, and aftermarket is easily available ,, you will get the parts upgrade bug tooo........... find a used hpi would be a good idea too,,, and remember if u plan on racing,,,most places don't allow clones,, clones are the devil.........heheehe because on some some forums,, if they find out u saved half the cost of a hpi,, by buying a clone,, u are dirt,,, ive found this out,,, and had my posts deleted,,wasn't kicked off,, but did ask how I could delete my account and got no answer

Last edited:
Ok now i cant decide ive narrowed it down to the rampage xb an km t1000. I really like to get 4wd but it seems like the t1000 would be better due to upgrades. I was told the t1000 will be faster out of the box but don't see how considering the xb weighs 19lbs an t1000 weighs 30lbs. There both the same price any input on these 2 i would greatly appreciate thanks

comes to how it transfers power to ground, the redcat is a 4x4 with a bunch of gears like a mcd to transfer engines power to a center spool which sends power to 2 dogbones one to front diff , one to rear,,, and gearing is different,, the Baja is simple,,,2 gears,, cheap to change the two gears,, standand gears of 17/57 to optional gears up to 20/54,, and higher gear ratios available for cars with high cc engines,, that can pull those kind of gears,,, the km t-1000 is basically a hpi Baja 5t ,, same gearing,, should come with 17/57 and a 19 tooth drive gear in the gearbox to compensate for the bigger tires,,, less drivetrain to deal with on the king motor,, fun to drive it,, trying the keep the rear pointed in right direction, that's half the fun,, and with luck, wheelies are possible if u like doing that sort of thing,, as far as upgrading the drivetrain,, Baja is generally cheaper,, only one gear box, diff,, the redcat has front and rear powering the car,,,,, another choice maybe for u,, would be the redcat dunerunner or the mt,,, stronger than the x series redcat,, little more money but more reliable,, and dunerunners are 4x4 buggies and can except some Baja pipes since they are similar in size and wheelbase,, x series are bit shorter then bajas

your gonna buy a superbee kill switch,, and replace servos on any these cars u decide on so be ready for that,, Chinese electrics not too reliable,, the king motor still rules as far as aftermarket support because of the hpi Baja,, so upgrades are easy to find when u break something,,, redcats don't have a lot of support,, but generally the mt and dunerunner which is based off the mt are more reliable than the x series,, if u wanna know more about them,, go on the forums and research too,, this forum is good,, or the one for redcats. im not gonna tell u which one to buy,,thats your choice,, all u can do is buy one and go have fun, learn about it, tear it apart,, etc,, and just try to enjoy yourself,, a lot of people get into this hobby of largescale cars and get fed up fast with tinkering, fixing etc,, and just sell them shortly after buying,,, and any can get expensive after while,, servos may run u 200 bucks,, 60 bucks for a killer rc kill switch( a must have) ,, ive upgraded my 300 dollar km 001 buggy roller I bought and turned it into a hpi Baja 5t,, with hpi parts and aftermarket parts I have over 2 grand in it,,, just have fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Ive been doing alot of research on both of them just hard to decided i join rampage forums also but came here to seek more advice cause clearly everybody on redcat forums are saying the dunerunner or xb is better

my redcat xsc is sitting apart,,, which is the buggy with bigger tires and stadium truck body, and I have never driven,,, my Baja I love working on and running, its a blast,, just got some slicks for it for street use from hostile,,,,,,,

Ive been doing alot of research on both of them just hard to decided i join rampage forums also but came here to seek more advice cause clearly everybody on redcat forums are saying the dunerunner or xb is better

No one on the redcat forum has told you that the dunerunner or xb is better. Some the same people as myself and the other forum member who is answering your questions xscrick is on both forums also and you was told the same thing on that forum get what you will enjoy and have fun with it. you keep asking the same question over and over and then wording it in different ways.

As xscrick has stated already before no one is going to tell you which one to get they will state there experience they have with one or the other and just go from there. You keep saying you have done alot of research but then your last question on the redact blog was does the DR have alot or aluminium or mostly plastic? If you would have done any research at all you would have your on answer to that question. Take waht information you have been given take which one you will like best get that and enjoy and have fun with it like the rest of us.

First that was a typo i meant to say are going to say redcat are better. An i had done alot of research bout both models. An find alot of complaints bout the same thing on redcat models. An no where does it say if problems have been addressed with the newer models. An just bout every specific forum most are fanboys bashing hpi clones or saying redcat are cheaply made so yes ive been trying to get advice on both models cause clearly im not spending $1300-$2500 for a hpi or losi cause like i said im new to the hobby so sorry if i offended anybody

No one is offend!!!! but seems like you are the one offended. If you search the internet you can find somebody or someone bashing any model because they have had problems with that model. There is no perfect R/C especially ready to run I don't care what brand you buy. That is why they all have aftermarket parts and up grades to them. Most people on the redcat forum are not fanboys because many on there have more then just the reedcat format and run other formats as well. No one has told you or suggested you to spend $1300- $2500 for an rc It has been said many times and I will say it again. Decide which one is best for you which one will make you the most happy and enjoy and do not worry about what is said or hated upon on the internet. Just get what will be the most fun to you and enjoy.

I have both the Redcat Rampage XB and the KM T1000. For the most part the rampage XB is not that durable. To make it durable the first thing I had to do was change out the plastic front and rear diff cases due to the bearing over heating and melting the cases. I also had to change out the gear plate to an aluminum one from 7075 RC. My redcat is now durable and fun. The T1000 has 5 tanks through it, and I have yet found any issues, but I will be changing the diff case to an 3 piece aluminum one, and anypart that has a bearing will be upgraded to aluminum. They both are fun to drive, I love them both.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks