redcat xb wheel problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreb

got my new redcat xb and i love it. had it out tonight and all the sudden the rear tire flew off. thought it was the nut again as it has been coming lose, but no, it seemed to have gotten hot and started to melt and the rim pulled off the car. the nut and washer was still on the car. has this happened to anyone else with an xb?

I've got an XB but haven't ever run the stock rims/tires. I also haven't read of that happening to anyone over on RRF. Which part is heating up and melting?

I've never hear of this before on the Redcats either. Early on, the Baja wheels did this when the bearings went bad. But they addes some stiffeners to avoid that.

the drive square and lock nut and washer was really hot to the touch. i looked at it just alittle while ago and found that the 2 set screws on the drive square are loose but not enough for it to slip but enough for it to move around. i'm thinking that while it was moving around it caused some extra friction and heated up. i have a new set of tires on order and i hope thats what caused it. i love that car more than my baja and definitly more than my firehammer. the only thing i like better about the baja is the motor i have in it, but that'll be changed next year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks