reed cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonclod

Well i cooked my motor:no: and have to get a new one ,the question is what kimd of advantage will a reed motor have. DDM has a3.75 hp billet head motor for 2 bills and i think reed motors start in the 300+ range and i,m asuming i can probably get more than 3.75 with the ddm motor..so is it worth the extra 100-150 for a reed thanx

reeds are for all out performance. you will get a gain the low mid and high. reports that i have gotten are about 1000 rpm more. which is a huge gain with these motors. longevity does decrease though. but you have to trade off soething to gain something.

the motor should last as long as any other motor. giving proper maintenance and care to keep poop out of the cylinder.

i have reed case motors in my Berg OnRoads. no issues to date.

in the end, the reed cage or reed case motors shouldnt last any less time then a normal piston port.

Thanx for the info..my thread should of read diff between reed case and reed cylinder, but i get it, i have an older oneill bro,s reed (round housing) which i apperantly can no longer get reeds for so whats the best bolt on reed available..i,ve seen o neill and proline

those are the only 2. the current one you have, does if have the pulse port tube? which i suspect it does. if so, you maybe better suited to go to the Proline cage.

as far as a reed pedal, anyone that uses CF should be able to make a reed for you

you may have the 1st version of the current OBros cage then, which had the pulse port built into the cage like the current one does.

its a two pc unit the reed section is directly behind the carb and it goes into almost a little tunnel ram section..when i say tunnel i mean its 1 3/4 "deep

ya that does sound like the original OBros Reed Cage.
i was sure they were stil making/selling reed pedals for them.
have you contacted Sean at OBros? may be worth a try for the pedal if thats whats bad on it.

I contacted them and no luck(out of production) i,m not sure how to tell if the reed is still good..my engine probs were probably not reed related, it looks simple enough to make my own reed though how do i know if the reed is still good?

thats a good ?. i ve not had a bad one to see whats what.

i would think cracks and such from vibration of time.

it looks good to me i,ll bolt it on and see what happens in the new mill its a pretty trick looking piece..i just figured if its discontinued ..why thanx for the info

The only thing that would make the reeds no good are; They are cracked or warped. If you don't see any cracks(hold a flashlight up to them) and they sit flat against the cage, you are good to go.

good idea ..theres a tiny gap maybee half what it was, im not sure if maybee theres supposed to be a very small gap? thanx

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks