Refilling shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRC

I have refilled some 1/10 shocks, with the plastic bladder, but the shocks on the dbxl doesn´t have this bladder. Instead is a single piece, with a down concavity, isntead of an up concavity like the common plastic bladders.

The issue i have is im trying to refill the rear shocks with 7000 diff fluid, but air gets trapped and i cant screw the cap all the way down as they where, there is a gap of 1mm aprox. Also, when i compress the piston, it rebounds.

Im able to eliminate some air, but not all, because of the down concavity of the cap. Is like a dome that traps air. I fill the shock as the manual states, 1mm below top. Also, im fiting first the black cap without the red anodized nut.

Don't try to eliminate traped air just put it back together and compress and measure rebound of shock and adjust so that both fronts are the same with in a 1/8 inch and same on rear
On rear I try and get as much rebound as I can to help spring
Treat shocks like associated 1/10 shocks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks