Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rough outing eh .....but no need to over react with ideas of Eeeeeewords🤔🤦‍♂️🤣
I know right🤣, I was pissed I drove a hour away just to be a spectator there were a couple Rovan bajas out there and some Xmaxxs and Kraton 6s
I know right🤣, I was pissed I drove a hour away just to be a spectator there were a couple Rovan bajas out there and some Xmaxxs and Kraton 6s
Picked this up from Walmart for $18, I was hoping to try it out today but things didn’t go as planned. If this works out probably won’t even bother with the gopro 1AA1368A-9305-435D-8B08-81D53FC0CA43.jpeg3039E652-769B-46BA-99E1-971320213FA0.jpeg

Last edited:
A Electric Losi 5b is also a 3rd option Probably has the strongest driveline of the 3. Going to read up on xmaxx and Kraton main thing for me is driveline being solid arms not as important will do rpm will be jumping it but not over no house lol.

My thoughts so far as far as value
Xmaxx 8s starting at $900 ARTR
Is better than a Kraton 8s 1/5 ARTR

Xmaxx issue
Speed control
Tires
Body
Servo
Spur

A Kraton exb roller $699
All week points upgraded
Arms
Shock shaft
Bumper
Chassie 7075 and towers
Linkages
Better wheels
Bigger shock shaft
Shock heads
Hinge pin brace
Stronger diff

So to me kraton exb roller is a better value since I’m just getting the Esc of my choice servo and motor of my choice and I like the lower center of gravity

The Xmaxx I can see my self changing out all that stuff listed to me would be a waist unless I sell that stuff before I run it and re invest the money.

But looking at both price wise after all upgrades and batteries I can can buy a losi 5b with a decent motor for about the same

Yes all weak points upgraded with better 💩 parts 🤦‍♂️🤣, you will have everything m2c when it starts bending
I dought it I’m not a hard basher speed runs ramp jumping less than 6ft Believe me I understand the value of money and I’m not trying to waist it and be destructive when I run. But we will see I got out of electric before because I found it boring plus got tired of the constant torque twist of the yeti xl. Right now I’m 20/70 on the Whole E word thing 20% chance of getting one

If I do it this is what I want got some money for Father’s Day wedding anniversary coming up soon going to hoard some money. Plus my rc account gets a $50 deposit every two week little something the wife setup for me and we both agreed apron. Plus have a few things I can sell just need a servo for the vekta might go cheep route so I can retain most of my money savox 0236 or hitec 845 and just get a LiPo So I can get all the torque since I’m going to put all this LiPo fear behind me.

Attachments

• FB9B2C72-9AAC-4AD2-B90C-FCA80B36DA6F.png
    FB9B2C72-9AAC-4AD2-B90C-FCA80B36DA6F.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 85816682-237F-4617-9E53-4DA6718785E2.png
    85816682-237F-4617-9E53-4DA6718785E2.png
    413.6 KB · Views: 5
Well bought some Rovan carbon fiber earlier in my build what a mistake that was now I need to replace some parts alll engine brace plates and rear top plate broke were screws go in. Figure I take all the Rovan carbon off and get it over with. Not sure what cart to go with Tr or rcmaxx ? Will need the Tr engine brace plates though4E1640D6-A2A0-4015-B5BD-14CA6AE2AAE2.png7A62A5CF-8A93-48F5-9C3D-4483F14D0030.png

Na don't so it. You'll miss the FG once it's gone. I had a F1 for 5-6yrs. Drove it a handful of times and sold it this past fall. I'm now regretting it even though it's still with me in the form of a catalytic converter on my Honda :D

Na don't so it. You'll miss the FG once it's gone. I had a F1 for 5-6yrs. Drove it a handful of times and sold it this past fall. I'm now regretting it even though it's still with me in the form of a catalytic converter on my Honda :D
I do love the Fg my only issue with it is every time I need a part it seems to be out of stock at DDM of recently. I drove it this weekend and my engine bolts came out and I think I could have possible striped the ring gear on the 4wd differential. Didn’t pull it apart yet but from the sound it’s a possibility. Need something that’s more popular in the U.S. like a losi 5b mcd would be nice but out of my budget

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks