replacing base gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Ok so I replaced the base gasket on my G260 for the first time alone this week and am looking for re-assurance ive done it correctly.

So i pulled the head off, cleaned the remnants of old gasket from crankcase and head, put new one in, squeezed the ring to make sure the break in ring was around the pin in cylinder and put the head back on, took me a couple of goes as the ring kept slipping from my fingers.

When I finally got the head on the head slid down the piston quite easily, i tightened everything back up and turned it over by hand, it moved easily until it got to the section where the magnet on flywheel passed the ignition. Im assuming this is just the strength of the magenet but just want some reassurance.

im guessing if I didnt lign up the pin and the ring correctly the head wouldnt have slid back on as easily as it did.

should have first run after repalcement tommorow, if I haven't don't it correct what are some of the signs? besides a seize LOL

when the magnet closes in on the coil, your near TDC on the piston. this will have a small chunky feel as the piston rotates up, then past tdc, then back down. it actually has little to nothing to do with the magnetic pull, its part of the wrist pin action.

if the spark plug was in and tight, then you also had compression to push past.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks