Replacing crank bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I have trawled the net to see if there is a way to replace the crank bearings and have not found a 'economic' solution.
I know they are pressed but is there anyone out there with a 'home' method to do the job in question?
Cheers
J.

I have trawled the net to see if there is a way to replace the crank bearings and have not found a 'economic' solution.
I know they are pressed but is there anyone out there with a 'home' method to do the job in question?
Cheers
J.

J
what do you mean by an economic solution, as in cleaning them or am i missing something ? :eek:

you need a press mate, and the 2 crank weights have to be balanced , i take mine to grampian motors in crosby takes them about 10mins and costs a tenner.

Last edited:
Speak to Ian at Oddified, I think he charges about £40 ish for a complete rebuild, bearings, seals, ring and gasket - then it goes on the dyno.

Mike

Sorry folks, I should have explained myself further.I meant the big end bearings.
As the crank goes ,I have replaced a hell of alot but the big end bearings I have not done( the needle bearing between the crank weights) Is this the one you meant Pab?
I am going to build another engine and i have a Zen bottom end but it has had about 5-6 tanks through it and I really want new bearings,gaskets all round and the only one I will be struggling with is that one.
J

Sorry folks, I should have explained myself further.I meant the big end bearings.
As the crank goes ,I have replaced a hell of alot but the big end bearings I have not done( the needle bearing between the crank weights) Is this the one you meant Pab?
I am going to build another engine and i have a Zen bottom end but it has had about 5-6 tanks through it and I really want new bearings,gaskets all round and the only one I will be struggling with is that one.
J

yea the big end bearing, give grampian motors a call in crosby they do all 2stroke motors .

I spoke to Ian from Oddified and asked his advice about your probelm,he said it is possible but not best practice because if you do manage to split the crank and get it back together and lined up, there is still a better than average chance it will fail. A new standard crank is around £40.

Mike

I spoke to Ian from Oddified and asked his advice about your probelm,he said it is possible but not best practice because if you do manage to split the crank and get it back together and lined up, there is still a better than average chance it will fail. A new standard crank is around £40.

Mike

Thought that Mike,more messing than its worth.:rolleyes:
Cheers
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks