Replacing the clutch spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha i did this last night and took me a while. hard to explain but ill give it a go.

put one end of the spring on one shoe, then angle the other shoe and get the other end of the spring on the other shoe. twist it until it snaps in the lower position. then what I do is put a scre driver through the bolt hole of one shoe, put the shoe on a table that hasnt got the screw driver through it and push hard on the screw driver, this will stretch the spring and allow the shoes to snap together in the lower position which is what you want.

takes patentce and persistence mate.

I just squeezed them together ih a pair of multi-grips. Didn't fancy Rosso's method which could result in painful skin pinching if you have fat hands like mine :)

haha i did this last night and took me a while. hard to explain but ill give it a go.

put one end of the spring on one shoe, then angle the other shoe and get the other end of the spring on the other shoe. twist it until it snaps in the lower position. then what I do is put a scre driver through the bolt hole of one shoe, put the shoe on a table that hasnt got the screw driver through it and push hard on the screw driver, this will stretch the spring and allow the shoes to snap together in the lower position which is what you want.

takes patentce and persistence mate.
i do it the same as this but i put a screwdriver in both holes and squeeze them till it snaps together ive found this to be the best way

Thanks for the replys, I got it on! I took the shoes off and then put the spring on made it much easier. I also went ahead and reversed the shoes. Much better now, no wheelies though :(. don't know what I should get next to get these front wheels up. I have a Zenoah G270RC, V2 Rear Dominator pipe, 8,000 spring(obviously haha), Hostile MX's on the rear, stocks on the front. I cant tell if im not getting enough traction or I just don't have the power.. Any Ideas?

Thanks for the replys, I got it on! I took the shoes off and then put the spring on made it much easier. I also went ahead and reversed the shoes. Much better now, no wheelies though :(. don't know what I should get next to get these front wheels up. I have a Zenoah G270RC, V2 Rear Dominator pipe, 8,000 spring(obviously haha), Hostile MX's on the rear, stocks on the front. I cant tell if im not getting enough traction or I just don't have the power.. Any Ideas?

Are you running on grass? If so, are you leaving ruts. If so, you are loosing traction. Try running in something you can get good traction.

Are you running on grass? If so, are you leaving ruts. If so, you are loosing traction. Try running in something you can get good traction.
Yea, I run mostly in grass, doesn't leave ruts though, it bogs a little bit when I full throttle from a stop. On pavement it just spins the tires, but no bogging, no traction haha. Ill try and set it back to factory settings and retune it. I just don't want to run it too lean...

try 25-1 fuel mix put the 8000rpm clutch spring in standard marder wheels 18 pinion = 46 SPUR GOOD TUNE ON THE CARB SHOULD HAVE NO PROB GETTING FRONT UP USE HIGH OCTAINE PETROL IF POSS WOT SIZE SPUR GEAR ARE YOU RUNNING

To pop the front end up you will have too put much thicker grease in the diff, it will drive the rears more together, hence more traction.

try 25-1 fuel mix put the 8000rpm clutch spring in standard marder wheels 18 pinion = 46 SPUR GOOD TUNE ON THE CARB SHOULD HAVE NO PROB GETTING FRONT UP USE HIGH OCTAINE PETROL IF POSS WOT SIZE SPUR GEAR ARE YOU RUNNING
Foxy, who told you that going for high octane petrol is a positive move? Everything I have read tells me that moving up from 91 octane petrol is a total waste of time and money unless the engine is highly modified with an increased compression ratio. I am always keen to learn more, so would appreciate a link to where you found the information. Thanks in advance.

There is no such thing as a 46 tooth spur for the baja's bud......

He will be running 17/57......which is fine.....just need traction..

Hi octane fuel is a waste of time and money.......

Like Sperera said bud....stiffen up the rear shocks and you should get them up alright....

I run the stock rear springs and heavy oil...(not sure on the viscosity)
but it is quite stiff and I have no probs getting the front up......I prefer to run the rear end soft though...to stop it wheelying coz it is impossible to steer them with the front in the air.....

A quick vid of what mine is like.......it pulls the fronts right off the bat...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks