revs cut out when i hit full throttle and failsafe kicks in. help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleebag

hi back again with more problems, i have recently been upgrading my TQ hummer, i have fitted a jetpro pipe and a new high torque servo to work with my new front cable brakes. when i have put everything back together and started her up, when i hit full throttle the revs cut out and the failsafe kicks in and applys the brakes, its a bit jerky all the way up the revs then as soon as i hit full throttle the revs cutout the failsafe kicks in and the brakes go on. its not the new servo as i have put the old one back in and the same thing happens i know it must be some kind of electrical fault maybe my receiver or something but everthing was fine before i upgraded everything has anyone had the same problem or can anyone help:scared::cursing:

I THINK - I'm not an electrician - it sounds like you've overloaded your received with the new servo - long shot I know. If this happened, it may be permanent damage, hence why it's happening with your original servo.
I MIGHT BE WRONG.
For high power servos, there are by-pass wiring harnesses that have a separate lead just for the signal from the receiver, and power the servo directly from the battery ... again be careful. Your servo may not take the full power, so you'll need a voltage regulator. Most are 5A/6V regulators that permit use of LiPo batteries, for example, but there are also some 10A ones on the market.
Al.

i'm using a stand alone one, but i have tried it without the failsafe and the same happens, (but obviously the brakes don't kick in) the failsafe seems to be doing its job. the servo i fitted was a savox digital sc-0252 to power the cable brakes, i tried the servo when i was putting anything back together and everything seemed to be working fine, but then as soon as i started her up it would'nt work, i had no idea you can wire them directly to your battery you maybe on to something there atom is there anyway of checking this before i spend a load more money. thanks for the replies

I THINK - I'm not an electrician - it sounds like you've overloaded your received with the new servo - long shot I know. If this happened, it may be permanent damage, hence why it's happening with your original servo.
I MIGHT BE WRONG.
For high power servos, there are by-pass wiring harnesses that have a separate lead just for the signal from the receiver, and power the servo directly from the battery ... again be careful. Your servo may not take the full power, so you'll need a voltage regulator. Most are 5A/6V regulators that permit use of LiPo batteries, for example, but there are also some 10A ones on the market.
Al.

hi so would i be alright using a 10A regulator or would i have to get a 5A one and because its running directly from the battery would i have to upgrade my battery as its only 1100mah the servo i used is a savox digital sc-2052 to power the brakes to be honest that does sound like thats the problem can you think of another reason why this would be happening?:(

Either 5A/6V or 10A/6V should be fine. The 10A is quite a bit more expensive and obviously has a much higher capacity - look up 'LRP Voltage Regulators' on Google - even Fleabay. The 10A is quite new, the 5A's been out a little while. Both permit 2S LiPo operation where a regulated 6V's required.
If you're running 1 steering and 1 throttle / brake there should be no problem with the 5A (unless you're running a Tonegawa, but that's a BEAST !!)
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks