revving high @ idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rixxer

ive adjusted it so much that was able to take the idle screw off the carb yet still revving high. its FG MT with DDM torque pipe, velocity stack, and uni air filter and thin copper head gasket recently installed need input what could have cause this problem.

Sounds like an air leak or the LS needle is turned "IN" too far. Make sure the LS is about 1.25 to 1.5 turns out.

If the needle is OK;

Spray some carb and choke cleaner or starting fluid around the gaskets. (Head and intake) The crank seals should be sprayed too.

If the idle changes, there's your leak.

Make sure you have your fuel lines on in the proper order and not reversed, make sure there is fuel in the tank and make sure the fuel lines are not pinched/kinked.

Let us know!

idle issue

L speed needle 1 1/4 out even backed it out 1.5 turns still the same H needle 1.5 turns out. clear fuel line goes on top while the back color line goes on the buttom correct? did noticed it idle nice when choke is applied but once i turn the choke off ill rev very high once again

I would say its def an air leak then. If you close the choke you are closing off the air intake from the filter inlet allowing a higher fuel ratio in the mix so it must be getting enough air from a leaking gasket to run smoothly when you do this.

ya sounds like an air leak to me as well. check the cylinder gasket, under the exhaust or behink the flywheel is where they most offten go back
check the carb gaskets and intake and intake gaskets for rips or leaks. sometimes the monifold itself will get a crank in it that can be very hard to see.

grab a can of wd 40 with a spray nozzle onit.

start the motor, and spray the WD around the carb and all gaskets (including case) in short shots, when the idle drops or drastically changes, the leak is in that area.

revving

just recently installed a thinner copper head gasket with copper RTV sealant applied only i can think off is in the carb area i know the carb gaskets look very worn out i guess ill change thus parts and see if any improvement thx guys.

just recently installed a thinner copper head gasket with copper RTV sealant applied only i can think off is in the carb area i know the carb gaskets look very worn out i guess ill change thus parts and see if any improvement thx guys.

As tim & trip say tho mate spray some WD40 round the gaskets & it will give a good indication where the leak is rather than guessing which 1's 'look' worn out :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks