rims and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinny

ok been thinking of new rims and tires for my mutant beetle. I was told to make sure the ones I got had the metal ring around the hex or the hex part will break is the a common thing

If they do not have a metal ring around the plastic square then the force put on the plastic rim square from the metal axle square will crack the rim and break out the plastic rim square.
If you buy rims with no metal ring around the square it is possible that you make your own metal ring to fit around the rim square. You just cut to fit that epoxy it in place.

I have those pin adapters for FG Wheels ..I got 6 months ago..I am not using Fg wheels
it this time....Those Fg Wheels & tires I have are monster tires..They weigh 9 lbs...
I had to hand make wheel collars for the hubs ....so hub would not split......
those pin adapters are a great improvement.........Slawhammer

I just dyed a set of firehammer rims for my mt. I wanted black. dying also helps the plastic. boiling plastic parts helps prevent cracking. 2 boxes of tintex (from dollar store) in a pot with 2 rims really gives a deep dye. I do many automotive parts this way as well. better than spray dye (seatbelt covers and such that take wear)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks