Road to Glory. The journey for gold medals and sexy women

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a mock race day up at p1 yesterday. I qualified 3rd out of 9 but wound up breaking in the a main while in 3rd place. Only ran the mcd rr5 but it just doesn’t feel right. It pushes on corner entry and then snaps loose on the exit making the rig very unpredictable. I was about a half second slower per lap than the fastest guy who was running my old losi 5b I sold him🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Could that be down to diff oil's or even brake bias?? Or just general set up with suspension and geometry??

It's probably a lot more sensitive on asphalt that dirt or grass.

Whatcha break?.... Any video?
Broke the steering knuckle. It was a quick fix just needed to swap the left and right around
Could that be down to diff oil's or even brake bias?? Or just general set up with suspension and geometry??

It's probably a lot more sensitive on asphalt that dirt or grass.
The diffs are grease filled so no tuning for that, it seems that the problem is a mix of suspension setup and geometry
The joys of diff tuning :mad:
Haha mcd requires diff replacement

Broke the steering knuckle. It was a quick fix just needed to swap the left and right around

The diffs are grease filled so no tuning for that, it seems that the problem is a mix of suspension setup and geometry

Haha mcd requires diff replacement
So if they are greased filled what's to stop you using silicone diff oil like the other 5th scales?? You should be able to tune them.

So if they are greased filled what's to stop you using silicone diff oil like the other 5th scales?? You should be able to tune them.
My understanding is that the gears inside of the planetary are designed to turn. Locking them or trying to prevent them from spinning as freely will damage the diff or burn up the oil. This is by no means a fact but that’s my best educated guess based off the information I have

My understanding is that the gears inside of the planetary are designed to turn. Locking them or trying to prevent them from spinning as freely will damage the diff or burn up the oil. This is by no means a fact but that’s my best educated guess based off the information I have

Fair enough fella, was just a suggestion.

Your probably going to have to try and adjust the steering, suspension, toe, camber and brake bias to get it to handle how you want. Or even a softer grippier tyre compound.

Fair enough fella, was just a suggestion.

Your probably going to have to try and adjust the steering, suspension, toe, camber and brake bias to get it to handle how you want. Or even a softer grippier tyre compound.
Yea that’s the plan. Haven’t had much track time with the mcd and when I do have time I don’t want to spend it changing things like camber instead of ripping through tanks of fuel. These rigs are way more sensitive to tuning adjustments than the losi so it requires a bit of a mindset shift. Lol

Yea that’s the plan. Haven’t had much track time with the mcd and when I do have time I don’t want to spend it changing things like camber instead of ripping through tanks of fuel. These rigs are way more sensitive to tuning adjustments than the losi so it requires a bit of a mindset shift. Lol

Think your gonna have to sacrifice a couple days hard running for a proper tuning session, taking notes as you go and only changing one thing at a time until you have it handling how you want it.
Other option and this sounds daft, maybe your driving it how you would an offroad vehicle, maybe its you that needs to adjust to onroad driving.

Think your gonna have to sacrifice a couple days hard running for a proper tuning session, taking notes as you go and only changing one thing at a time until you have it handling how you want it.
Other option and this sounds daft, maybe your driving it how you would an offroad vehicle, maybe its you that needs to adjust to onroad driving.
It’s an off road track. The xr5 is on road the rr5 is the off road buggy

Well as work slows down finally the racing journey continues… @MonsterAir air, me and a couple other guys are making the trip up to Connecticut to battle some proper racers on July 11th. I haven’t touched my mcd’s since April so I gotta do a bit of refresh, refit and make sure they start🤦‍♂️ Oh well I’ll keep y’all posted🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks