Road Tyres on fg baja 4wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutland

Hi all

I have a fg baja 4wd with a 30.5cc engine and road tyres that are slicks, but much smaller then the off road wheels. So whould like to run taller gearing but not sure what to get, was thinking of 22/40. has any one got the same set up or run taller gearing and what gearing would you use for this setup ?

Many Thanks

well the semi runs a 44 spur same size rims as buggy which uses a 46. 40 is for small touring car tires so you might get the clutch hot gearing that high

I ran that setup on my 4wd with a 30.5 ESP and FG pipe with regular spikes and even ones studded in the winter time.

Have a look on youtube under JSELWA, look through pages 1 and 2.
A sneak peak!

On ice with studded wheels:

Last edited by a moderator:
well some gears when you get to touring sizes don't have to add to 64 since the gears are different sizes. off road gearing it always has to add to 64 since pinions are much smaller but on road the 2 become closer in relation to each other and there are more combos that fit together.

You can play with 22-23-24-25 on clutch and 39-49-41 for spur, standard on touring cars is 24-40, on truck tyres (offroad rims used) 20-44 and for f1 tyres 22-42

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks