Rotating Carb/Zenoah Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnum

I have a new stock Zenoah G260 engine and need to rotate the carb in order to setup the linkage.

If I rotate the block the hole in the engine case and phoenlic block will not match up. Is this hole actually needed to be uncovered?

don't think it would work - the hole does have a purpose which is why it is there but not sure why you would need to rotate the carb?? Would reversing the servo direction or moving the position of the servo to the opposite side of the radio tray not help?? Any pics of what you are trying to achieve??

don't think it would work - the hole does have a purpose which is why it is there but not sure why you would need to rotate the carb?? Would reversing the servo direction or moving the position of the servo to the opposite side of the radio tray not help?? Any pics of what you are trying to achieve??

And what is the purpose? I am trying to find the info I read a few weeks ago that indicated that certain carbs do not need that hole. Just wish I had bookmarked it.

As far as pics, not really needed. The easy solution would be to rotate the carb, short of that I still have plan B and C, just more work.

I don't get what holes you are talking about exactly but if it is the small holes on the intake where you attach the carb they are for creating a vacuum in the carb so it will suck fuel from the tank. I doubt turning the entire cylinder head around would work as well, pretty sure the design on the intake/exhaust will make a bad match on the engine block turned around.

And what is the purpose? I am trying to find the info I read a few weeks ago that indicated that certain carbs do not need that hole. Just wish I had bookmarked it.

As far as pics, not really needed. The easy solution would be to rotate the carb, short of that I still have plan B and C, just more work.

The purpose being to try to help you out - you asked the question in the first place!!!!! If you wanted help finding an old thread you should have said so or at least which carb you were using........

I don't get what holes you are talking about exactly but if it is the small holes on the intake where you attach the carb they are for creating a vacuum in the carb so it will suck fuel from the tank. I doubt turning the entire cylinder head around would work as well, pretty sure the design on the intake/exhaust will make a bad match on the engine block turned around.

That's the holes I am talking about and I was pretty sure it was for vacuum as well. Perhaps what I was reading said to make sure the holes were aligned :)

The purpose being to try to help you out - you asked the question in the first place!!!!! If you wanted help finding an old thread you should have said so or at least which carb you were using........

True. I apologize, I did ask if a carb could be rotated, not for help redesigning a linkage system or finding an article link. The article I was talking about was definitely not on this site or I would have found it easily. I think MrFnisse gave me the answer I was looking for.

. I doubt turning the entire cylinder head around would work as well, pretty sure the design on the intake/exhaust will make a bad match on the engine block turned around.

No I think what I am looking for is an aftermarket manifold that is machined with a "pulse tap" groove around the block bottom with two holes on each side of the tops block. That would provide the vacuum (or pressure) no matter which way the carb is sitting.

I don't think one is currently made, but I can either do that or redesign a linkage and I am thinking the machined block would be easier. Its either a block or a bracket:)

As you found the pulse port needs to be left open or you will not get proper fuel supply.

Any photos of your situation? We may be able to help. Many users are using cable brake lines as throttles.

Any photos of your situation? We may be able to help. Many users are using cable brake lines as throttles.

Not really as this is more or less a custom design and still on paper, except for I will have to do something similiar in my Nutech GTR5. The brake cables is what I had planned on using or straight cable if I could rotate carb. Either way I will have to make a bracket but since it's a custom it won't matter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks