Rovan 30.5 5b Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustler50

Got a Rovan 30.5 5b in the mail today. Towards the end of the first tank it started to act like the clutch was engageing later and itd rev up higher but not have much speed. So i started tearing into it and the clutchbell bearings and the clutch both appear in good shape. Guess my question is could this be a transmission issue? Thanks in advance.

id go thru car completely, my king motor had mystery goo in diff,, and I upgraded all my bearings with fast eddy ones,,,cheap upgrade since u have torn apart,,, check shocks etc,, change oil,, get a killer rc superbee kill switch if u already haven't,,, don't want runaway 30 plus pound gas cars,, can hurt property or someone,,,.. make sure everything is tight,,,
u will most likely upgrade servos soon,, and carb if its not a walbro .. if u are unsure how it all comes apart, u can watch tons of vids on you tube on building a Baja,,, my king motor didn't have much for instructions,, so u can go to hpi's website and get Baja instructions there since the cars are generally the same

Last edited:
thru research ,, im finding the km diffs are just as good as hpi's diff, ,put in fast eddy bearings and flm hardened drive cups,,, been bullet proof so far,, as far as other parts go,, hpi and km and im sure rovan is the same have differences, the new killer rc aluminum radio box cover, will not fit km's box,, different size, but fits right on a hpi box,, km axle extenders will not fit properly on hpi,,, u need to get a set of hpi/aftermarket ones,,, using uber rc now,, km one don't like hostile hubs ,, front hub bearing spacing is too wide on km fronts,,, the uber rc extenders wouldn't tighten properly till went to hpi front hubs, they fit perfect now, and spin nice,, I could keep going,,, but not all hpi parts fit perfect or at all without modification

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks