Rovan 45cc exhaust pipe problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bignscale

I used to use this engine, but it vibrates so much that it often destroys the exhaust pipe. Currently, I have stopped using this motor and am using a 36cc. What do you think, guys?

Any chance you have a picture or two , maybe how it is mounted has something to do with it?
What is breaking welds?

I'm not sure , just throwing it out there.
The photo was taken the other day. This is a supporting post, but some of them were broken when connected to the engine.

IMG_7399.jpeg

My pipe on my DBXL is mounted to the motor the same way that it looks like yours is. I have had no issues.
Some mounts I have seen the pipe is mounted on the chassis. I don't agree with this since chassis flex is going to have that pipe moving all over the place , assuming it has a slip mount to the flanged pipe on the cylinder head.

That pipe looks really far away from the mount. It needs to be in a happy spot and then the mount made to fit to the pipe.
A little hard to tell but was that mount only welded on the bottom side?
That really thin stuff is tricky to weld.

I'll see if I can find a picture of mine.
IMG_1767.jpegIMG_1766.jpeg

Last edited:
I figured it is like mounting a header on your race car.
Mount it rigid to the engine. It's part of it so let it move with it.
The chassis can do what it wants on its own.
Hasn't fallen off yet.
Mine has a header bolted to the engine then a silicone coupling connects that to the expansion chamber. The expansion chamber is rubber mounted to rear bulkhead.
IMG_20240207_123227797~2.jpg
And a spring....

Last edited:
Mine has the same connector to the head pipe . I mounted the chamber to the engine.
Being new to this I just swung the bat.
Pipe didn't fit anyway and no sending it back so I just figured it will work with some slight adjustments.
Not quite but it fits and works.
So far.
I like the wrap om the chamber.

Mine has the same connector to the head pipe . I mounted the chamber to the engine.
Being new to this I just swung the bat.
Pipe didn't fit anyway and no sending it back so I just figured it will work with some slight adjustments.
Not quite but it fits and works.
So far.
I like the wrap om the chamber.
That's header wrap from summit racing. I then coated it with a high temp, ceramic header wrap sealant. It drastically reduced under body temp. You can touch the pipe after a hard run. Not grab it like a ball bat but touch it quickly without burning yourself. Stuff was a complete pia to install and get to stay put.

Hard mounted and the mount is way off from the pipe like it is says the pipe is not happy attached to the current mount. It needs to be modified so the mount meets the pipe where it naturally sits. That Allen bolt holding the mount that welds on the pipe looks like it is also pulled as far as it can go in that "L" bracket.

I would make up a longer mount and try it.
If it doesn't work, then you might have to get a little more creative and make the head pipe a slip fit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks