Rovan Baja 5T help with re-assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinart69

This is my first 1/5 and I kind of got carried away ripping the engine out to add an upgrade ... and didnt see where these couple of parts come from ... I have checked in the manual that came with the 5T ... but its not really the best step by step for a first timer.

Does anyone have a link to an exploded step by step manual for these 5T's? or B's or similiar?

The spacers are my main concern ... i "think" they came from under the engine ... like space the engine up off the chassis? I have 1 x steel spacer like 4mm thick, 3 x plastic spacers like 2mm thick, and 2 concaved plastic washers. Also, I have a few bolts that have like a washer stuck on them, I think these are engine cover bolts?

I apologize if this has been covered many times over, just excited to get this thing back together :)

Attachments

• received_259774502247790.jpeg
    received_259774502247790.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
Tall spacer - between chassis and clutch casing
Concave washers - below chassis with countersunk bolt into fan cover
Smaller spacers????
Crosshead screws - fan cover to plastic top plate over the engine
Other bolts hold fan cover on
Have you had your ignition coil off?? If so did you put the washers back between the oil and the head?

cheers mate, I can start putting the engine covers back on for now :)
Tall spacer - between chassis and clutch casing
Concave washers - below chassis with countersunk bolt into fan cover
Smaller spacers????
Crosshead screws - fan cover to plastic top plate over the engine
Other bolts hold fan cover on
Have you had your ignition coil off?? If so did you put the washers back between the oil and the head?
WoW cheers ... you know your stuff. And yes, you are correct, i have had the engine coil off ... as I added a generator ... and the generator bracket goes behind the coil where the spacers use to go.

Im deadset blown away at how you looked at a few bits and pieces and knew EXACTLY where each piece goes ... you sir have been in the game a while no doubt! Thank you so much, muchly appreciated!
grrr I know im going to be pushing my luck here .... but I just found this other spacer ... its circled in green. I wont bother you guys anymore after this.

Attachments

• 145954144_432730034715964_212043034306396763_n.jpg
    145954144_432730034715964_212043034306396763_n.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

WoW cheers ... you know your stuff. And yes, you are correct, i have had the engine coil off ... as I added a generator ... and the generator bracket goes behind the coil where the spacers use to go.

Im deadset blown away at how you looked at a few bits and pieces and knew EXACTLY where each piece goes ... you sir have been in the game a while no doubt! Thank you so much, muchly appreciated!
grrr I know im going to be pushing my luck here .... but I just found this other spacer ... its circled in green. I wont bother you guys anymore after this.
Only had my Baja year but its been in bits many many times, plus I have lost said spacers and had to replace them.
If your ever unsure take pics before taking to bits also little bags with labels are invaluable.

Also we all start somewhere and all have different knowledge and abilities, so stick around, take some pics of your built rig and ask as many questions as you like, we are all happy to help and there is a good bunch on here (except Z, he's strange lol, but you'll work that out for yourself).

Good luck and have fun

don't worry, when you start working on your trucks more, you will be able to do the same with ease. Also, the circled spacer goes in between the clutch housing to chassis mounting point.

Only had my Baja year but its been in bits many many times, plus I have lost said spacers and had to replace them.
If your ever unsure take pics before taking to bits also little bags with labels are invaluable.

Also we all start somewhere and all have different knowledge and abilities, so stick around, take some pics of your built rig and ask as many questions as you like, we are all happy to help and there is a good bunch on here (except Z, he's strange lol, but you'll work that out for yourself).

Good luck and have fun
Hey ? off Kev ? I was sleeping ??

Hey thanks again to all of you fellas that helped :) im happy to say she is back together and kicking ass! I love thing thing! SO, SOOO MUCH easier then the nitros ive had. I prime the bowl, put choke on, pull it over slow 2 - 3 times, then 1 good pull it pops, choke off, 1 pull and boom she is idling beautifully .... and of coarse once its warm, first pull every time! I absolutely love it!

Attachments

• IMG_20210216_221448.jpg
    IMG_20210216_221448.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks