RovanRC kill switch question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Has anyone tried the RovanRC kill switch that costs $29.99?

Installed it on the 1/5 scale truck and would get random shutdowns. Checked for any exposed wiring, loose connections, tx settings for 3rd channel unshared, fully charged battery and a resistor type spark plug.

Ended removing it and its now in the parts bin.

Not sure if other have had similar problems. I go ahead reset, turn on and off, but still the kill switch would arm and kill the engine for no reason...

I have one. It weirds out from time to time. I thought it might be like a speed control that you have to set the endpoints for neutral, forward and reverse, but that does not appear to be the case. I'm not satisfied with mine either, but it does kick in if my radio is shut off or receiver battery goes dead. I have tested it time and again, and it only acts up 1 out of 8 times upon initial startup. After 5 mins. running it then works as intended for the next 45 mins. to an hour w/o interruption. It also did not work correctly as a remote engine shutoff via auxillary channel, never responded correctly even once. Mine only functions as a kill switch by turning the transmitter off, strange indeed.

I gave up with mine.

Did test the 3rd channel with a servo and channel not the issue.

Max settings on the 3rd channel, followed exact same recommendations for the Killer Bee Kill switch.

What I did not like is it does not have voltage settings for 3v etc. Also, the radio I got is not the best. Installed a voltage meter on the 3rd channel and when the radio is off if I move the servos, the led voltage meter lights up momentarily.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks