RPM, aluminum, or stock 2: Electric Boogalo

RPM, Stock, or Aluminum?

• Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aluminum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoogity Woogums

I saw another thread from 2012 of the same name, but instead of necro-bumping it, and a lot of parts manufacturers have come out, I'm here for suggestions.

In 1/10 scale, RPM was like, THE BEST choice for arms and bumpers, and aluminum was what you put on shelf queens. But in the current biggest class, is RPM still the best or is alu the way to go? I have watched RC Sparks for a long time and all his "big dirty" 5th scale races a lot of the racers have alu stuff on their machines.

But what about the stock parts? I know nothing about durability unless you REALLY hammer on it, like in URC Jang's review of the flux.

I'm not gonna extreme bash this thing due to it's size (insanely high jumps, long jumps at insane speed, jumping off/on things I really shouldn't, hydroplaning)

I guess it depends on what parts you want to replace. I have found, the hard way, some parts just don't hold up in alloy. They take too much of a beating and once they are bent, they are pretty much trash. Lower suspension arms in particular, take a lot of abuse just from the debris kicked up by the tires and look like crap after a few runs. And one decent sized rock and they are bent as well

75 percent of aluminum parts are for bling. Only aluminum I have is for engine mounting supports and transmission. Go the rpm route. Works excellent

rezz.JPG I had FLM alloy wide track arms on my 5T and it was the best move I done with that truck. And Rezzies too...best suspension I have built yet.
J

Last edited:
I use alloy upper arms front and rear to stiffen up the suspension a little but i prefer plastic lower. I just hate how alloy lowers look when they get beat up and dented

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks