rubber coated shock covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 reasons I wouldn't put this or any other cover on my shockers

1, they look a pain in the arse to get on and off.
2, you wouldn't see if your shocks were leaking as easy
3, they serve little or no purpose as your shocks can be cleaned in seconds with a paint brush.

They don't look bad, but I agree with you Mike they do look like they'd be a pain to get on and off.

2 reasons I wouldn't put this or any other cover on my shockers

1, they look a pain in the arse to get on and off.
2, you wouldn't see if your shocks were leaking as easy
3, they serve little or no purpose as your shocks can be cleaned in seconds with a paint brush.

1. They go on and come off, easily.
2. Oil residue can be felt through the material.
3. They add color to the specific scheme you're trying to achieve.

so they have no practical purpose then? well I'm sorry but I'd rather spend my buck on items that would increase the reliability of a car not just a "good looking part"

so they have no practical purpose then? well I'm sorry but I'd rather spend my buck on items that would increase the reliability of a car not just a "good looking part"

I agree, somewhat... So, you have no hop ups that are for show?

Last edited:
They do have a practical purpose, keeping the dirt off - OK the paintbrush can sort that out - but I always think they will restrict the free movement of the shocks.
Al.

Are we talking about the paint brush restricting the free movement of the shocks? it would only be an option to leave them on. :lol:

actually they do have a purpose and that is to keep dirt off that could wreak havoc on your shock seals. baja shocks hae a rubber boot on them but dirt still gets in and these are like duoble protection.

they do NOT impede shock functions and they also add a look of style which is an afterthought.

those are made by rc skins and are on ddm for 19.50 so you got a good deal on them if they are genuine rc-skins brand.

they DO work on baja shocks (for the person that asked), and i have a set on my order list for may :D

EDIT: oops i forgot trying to help with tips and stuff seems to be a sin here.

Are we talking about the paint brush restricting the free movement of the shocks? it would only be an option to leave them on. :lol:

I'm not knocking fucntionality, but the Baja community is equally open to both functionality and looks. Here's my 5B and Vorza...

2v958wo.jpg

I'm not knocking fucntionality, but the Baja community is equally open to both functionality and looks. Here's my 5B and Vorza...

2v958wo.jpg

outerwears are nice (i have a set) but the velcro around teh top and bottom of the shocks doesn't stay together well because of teh elastic around the tops and bottoms so i have those purely for looks LOL

I have 2 sets of spring rates for my nutech, and right now I have the "soft" springs on and I also have the same sock covers on the Hard springs so all I do is just slide the spring off the body and replace with the other spring if needed;).. they are super easy to put on also it took less then 10 mins to install these on all 10 corners, and there was even enough left over to do an extra 2 springs..
I will never buy the outwaers either the velcro is crap on those too, they do not stay together, why should we have to "zip-tie" something your paying $30+ for?:rolleyes:

I see these lasting a long time over the bad horsie ones.. I had those also on my baja and they ripped within minutes of usage..

Some people aren't half touchey !!!!
You're the one who suggested the paintbrush, which I included to mediate things - KINELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely agree with covering the shocks if possible, based on problems I've had with side exhausts on nitros, diluting the oil, and fatiguing / part-emptying the shocks, which a decent non-permeable membrane like a good collapsible / concertina-style gaiter will solve.
For these particular ones, my comment stands, I'm a little wary of the effect they will have on the free movement of the shocks, possibly limiting one side more than the other, which you as a 'racer' will appreciate.
KINELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al.

Some people aren't half touchey !!!!
You're the one who suggested the paintbrush, which I included to mediate things - KINELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely agree with covering the shocks if possible, based on problems I've had with side exhausts on nitros, diluting the oil, and fatiguing / part-emptying the shocks, which a decent non-permeable membrane like a good collapsible / concertina-style gaiter will solve.
For these particular ones, my comment stands, I'm a little wary of the effect they will have on the free movement of the shocks, possibly limiting one side more than the other, which you as a 'racer' will appreciate.
KINELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al.

Not as touchy as the shock covers, you obviously didn't see the funny side - note to self, don't give up day job to be a comedian.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks