running problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

just got my on road running but i have found that when braking it wont keep running and bogs.will only start with throttle open.last time it did it i took the plug out and it was wet making me think the carb is flooding.it has been unused for a few years.question is what do i do.not got much experience with walbro carbs.thanks

Hi Charlie.
I 'don't know which engine or carb you're using, but they're all 'basically the same'.
It sounds like the low speed setting is too rich.
I would suggest resetting to 'factory' settings:
1 1/4 LOW, 1 3/8 HIGH and then re-tune, using the Forum Recommendations.

Don't 'force' the screw closed as you can damage it.

Al.

thanks al,i can get it to run nice until you brake or pick it up then you can hear the engine note change.will try the settings but i have had it were it wont go,bogs down and altered the low speed screw till it takes off like a scalded cat,but the same result when you brake.will check the settings now,note them down and set to the base settings then se what happens

right checked my carb setting and low speed was just over 1 1/4 turns out but hi speed was 2 turns out.adjusted the carb and ran it on the stand and best it has sounded but was blowing fuel out of the end of the exhaust,let the revs drop to tick over and it cut out.removed the plug and it was wet.think i have found the problem though.removed the carb and was operating the throttle and noticed fuel leaking out of the screw thread that holds the square filter end plate on.i have had this off so think the fuel has been pumping out of the screw staright into the engine!.carb kit required me thinks.

right got an update. finally fitted the new carb kit.have now found another problem.the primer bulb goes really hard and doesn't flow fuel out of the return pipe.i think that the `pop` pressure is too high.if i remove the end off the carb and press the small float valve lever it shoots fuel out.how do i check this and what should it be?.read somewhere around 12 psi?.thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks