Running problems with my 23cc Harm BX1..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

786demmy

Hi,
Looking for any advice anyone can give me, I have had a Harm BX1 for a few years. The car looks perfect still hardly gets any use its more link e shelf queen! I've recently tried to give it a run but I'm finding it difficult to make it run properly. when I get it to start up it screams at full throttle every time, when I put the brakes on it calms down but when I let go of the brakes it starts screaming at full throttle again. Really confused as to what to do here, I have removed the walbro carb and been giving it a good clean with carb cleaner and I've ordered a walbro maintenance kit to replace some of the working parts. Does anybody have any other suggestion's as to what I can do to find what the issue is?

Demmy

Hi,
Looking for any advice anyone can give me, I have had a Harm BX1 for a few years. The car looks perfect still hardly gets any use its more link e shelf queen! I've recently tried to give it a run but I'm finding it difficult to make it run properly. when I get it to start up it screams at full throttle every time, when I put the brakes on it calms down but when I let go of the brakes it starts screaming at full throttle again. Really confused as to what to do here, I have removed the walbro carb and been giving it a good clean with carb cleaner and I've ordered a walbro maintenance kit to replace some of the working parts. Does anybody have any other suggestion's as to what I can do to find what the issue is?

Demmy
Demmy, that sounds like a problem I've had recently with my Redcat Rampage XR. I reset the carb... nothing was working. AND THEN I TOOK THE ENGINE OUT, AND SAW THAT THE CLUTCH SPRING WAS BROKEN! That, was the problem. So, check your clutch to see if it's okay. After I replaced my broken clutch spring, the problem was solved.

Hi,

Demmy
Check head and exhaust gaskets as I had similar problem with my hpi 5b turned out to be a small crak in head. Only found after removed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks