Safe/unsafe environments for 1/5 gassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoogity Woogums

Me again with another idiot newbie question, but this time google couldn't help me.
What environments are safe for 1/5 gas machines?
I ask because I'm getting rained on up here where I live, and when I head south to oklahoma for the weekend, they're getting rained on. I figured driving in rain is a bad idea, seeing as water in the block could cause problems. I'm wondering if mud is safe? I'm running Proline Badlands on my rear, and the stock Baja dirt buster ribs on the front, of which I never woulda thought were such amazing front wheels for a stock 2wd.
I've seen snow racing videos, but what is safe and what is NOT safe?

To be honest, I've used my largescales in all weathers over the years, so long as the electrics are well protected from anything wet, I've not shown any worry for anything else really. Then I make sure it's thoroughly clean after use.

You know something I haven't done in a long time and didn't think of until right now. Back in the 90's when I got into nitro, we used to wrap the electronics in a balloon. The servos and receiver were wrapped. Used to run them in mud, puddles, etc., and as long as nothing got in the carb we were good to go. Hmm, time to water proof my electronics the old school way.

You know something I haven't done in a long time and didn't think of until right now. Back in the 90's when I got into nitro, we used to wrap the electronics in a balloon. The servos and receiver were wrapped. Used to run them in mud, puddles, etc., and as long as nothing got in the carb we were good to go. Hmm, time to water proof my electronics the old school way.

I remember that.
I used it on my Frog and Kyosho back then.

If your electronics is fairly shielded its more a matter of finding a place where your 5th scale is not a hazard to people and small animals.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks