sandrail p1s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roofchopper

DSC02553.jpg
DSC02554.jpg
DSC02555.jpg
came to the conclusion that my sandrail p1 would never be used if i ever finished it due to being alloy and polished up,
so syarted knocking up a steel one, i want to try all my susp i made so here we go again:clown:

looking good so far chopper
dude how the hell do u find the time to knock out so many cool projects?
keep up the great work

Wouldnt it be better to go into building chassis? You would make a fortune!
If you set and internet shop up I think you would make a killing on the stuff your knocking out. I'd buy one of your chassis!
J.

hi cheers voo, now thats a thought, what i need is to look at making jigs for them, the sand rail took about 10 hrs to get to that stage because i had the alloy one to copy, if i had a jig and prebent tubes and mig welded instead of tig, i could do it a lot quicker, then its got to be bashed to death to see whats its weak points, could be somthing to think about ?

I done the same Chop,I was making the top and bottom chassis for the HPI Rally out of FRP/GRP and was making a pretty penny on ebay from them. If you have ever owned a rally you will know they are prone to snapping their chassis.I made them out of 2.2mm instead of 1.8mm and ran about half a dozen packs through them in every condition possible and they never even cracked let alone snapped.There was alot more response in and out of corners due to the thicker plates and generally better than the originals.But the orders were coming in thick and fast and people were asking for different parts making for different cars,and basically I couldnt keep up then i lost my FRP supplier and the others were asking extortionate prices for their materials. So I jacked it in.
I think in the future we might be looking at the next after market chassis maker if you keep it up.Why not just make one of each,ebay them and see if theres any interest?
J.

comin on a treat now chop, +1 james ;) you would make a killin on ebay chop i'd have a leo chassis off ya matey i've not seen anything look as strong as your stuff anywhere yet, i keep sayin to my mrs that i want to get my mig out and try sumat like this but don't think my metal work skills are anywhere near good enough :clown::clown::clown:

comin on a treat now chop, +1 james ;) you would make a killin on ebay chop i'd have a leo chassis off ya matey i've not seen anything look as strong as your stuff anywhere yet, i keep sayin to my mrs that i want to get my mig out and try sumat like this but don't think my metal work skills are anywhere near good enough :clown::clown::clown:
all it takes is practise & as chopper said the jigs are a massive help

i made this alloy underbody a while ago using a simple jig that i knocked up

Image637.jpg

chopper,that sand rail is looking sweet chap,cant wait to see it finished.
any thoughts on colour yet?

Last edited:
nice jig their vandal, i think this one will go out as yellow, its just a tester
really to see how it holds up, i was thinking of getting the next one chromed.
ive just drawn up a plan for a universal jig that should cater for any chassi and will start on that tomorrow

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks