Savage Flux conversion to Baja...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thercman

Last edited:
I was reading the article about it in this month RC driver magazine and they look pretty beefy. Were you considering it?

Yes I am considering the build. However I don't think I will buy the Savage Flux complete. First, it doesn't come in kit form so the extra money spent to have a radio etc is pointless for someone who has been in r/c for 25yrs. The idea will be to buy the chassis from TCS and then buy the mod parts I would like to have on the build such as after market shocks and universal drive shafts and maybe some carbon fiber parts etc. I need to go through the parts list to get an idea of what it will cost me to buy things individually, but I believe it should be less than buyin hte kite and the mods...

i ll have to check into it. im guessing its an e version?

will have to look at the TCS chassis.
im positive the stndard chassis wont handle that power/weight of it when done. is a big reason why the bajas currently weight 25 lbs.

Oh yeah.... So one thing that I find very appealing besides the looks, is that a strecthed chassis will handle more power. While being able to back flip your car is cool being able to utilize all the power is even better imo. My RC10GT is a prime example. The engine I opted for is a Collari .12 turbo head engine that I removed the long crank and installed a shorter one. It is an on-road road motor that has 1.5hp and spins at 40k. This thing is way to fast to run on any track. I have to put huge amounts of weight in the front in attempt to keep it down. I must say though that with some on road tires (road hawgs) its a blast.... When it does go to the track however I swap out the motor. :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks