Savage Octane released?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k5krazy

I was looking through this months RCCA magazine and Tower Hobbies has a listing and a price for the Octane in the magazine! The only thing the ad says is new but the item number doesn't bring anything up online. HPI still doesn't list it on their site and there still doesn't seem to be anything on the interweb. Is it unofficially official?! :w00t::w00t:

tower hobbies had it in their 2014 catalog that came out in december. everyone went nuts. 2 weeks later tower hobbies added the truck to their website listed at "order pending", everyone went nuts again. a week or so later tower hobbies started taking pre-orders, a pile of people plunked cash down on them. about 2 weeks ago tower hobbies pulled the add from the website and refunded everyones pre-orders, everyone was pissed off. the whole time hpi has said nothing about release date, or even recognized the whole thing.

short answer, no its not out, no idea when it will be. rumor has it hpi ran into a snag with it and had to delay it again. my opinion of it is with hobbico running the customer service for hpi (tower hobbies is the retail side of hobbico), somebody in marketing and sales was bugging hpi for an answer on when it would come out. hpi said sometime in 2014, so they took that as a solid answer and this is what happened. just a guess, but seems logical.

in the meantime ill just keep building my version of a savage octane

Late March it is supposed to drop, according to forum rumors. Savage central, and others.....A lot of HPI employees hang out on those sites, so I trust their speculation more than other sites.

Man that would be great news, just in time for spring. Sure would make a lot of members over at RCNitroTalk.com happy too. :)

I've just seen a couple of pigs fly past my hotel window - and I'm on the 18th floor!!

Not against it, but they seem to be REALLY holding back, for some reason .... no idea why. Development, marketing, costs, reliability, any of the above ...

Al.

tower hobbies had it in their 2014 catalog that came out in december. everyone went nuts. 2 weeks later tower hobbies added the truck to their website listed at "order pending", everyone went nuts again. a week or so later tower hobbies started taking pre-orders, a pile of people plunked cash down on them. about 2 weeks ago tower hobbies pulled the add from the website and refunded everyones pre-orders, everyone was pissed off. the whole time hpi has said nothing about release date, or even recognized the whole thing.

short answer, no its not out, no idea when it will be. rumor has it hpi ran into a snag with it and had to delay it again. my opinion of it is with hobbico running the customer service for hpi (tower hobbies is the retail side of hobbico), somebody in marketing and sales was bugging hpi for an answer on when it would come out. hpi said sometime in 2014, so they took that as a solid answer and this is what happened. just a guess, but seems logical.

in the meantime ill just keep building my version of a savage octane

I saw your build yesterday and you are going to have a slick truck when you are done. Judging by your skills and access to machining equipment it will look as good or better than what HPI can do. I can't wait to see your finished product. I remember back in the mid to late 90's a few people were putting 4 stroke nitro engines in trucks and i always thought that would be slick.

well if you like 4 strokes i have a traxxas xo-1 with 2 os .40 4 strokes and a custom built 3 speed trans. i have a build thread on here somewhere (think its in the "other manufacturors" section)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks