Savox Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smalls

I have been racing R/C at a competitive level for almost 17 years. I have ran losi/TLR since i started so naturally when the 5IVE debut i had to have it. When i purchased it i also bought Savox 0236 servos for steering and throttle as well as a @Killer RC kill switch and there 7200 mah lipo. When i recived the truck I replaced the stock electronics in the truck with the ones I purchased as well as replacing the reciver with a Spektrum 3520. After breaking in the motor, an oniell brothers 8.2 horse oniell/TR reed motor, the throttle servo quit working. When i looked at it what i found is that when i applied throttle the servo would function properly but when brake was applied the servo wouldn't apply the brakes it would stay at a netrual position and pulsate as if it the transmitter was setup for anti lock brakes which it was not. As a result i purchased a Hot Racing dual servo radio tray and 3 new Savox 0236 to go with it.

So i Put the truck back out on the track and by the way would never drive another 5IVE that was not equipped with dual steering servos or a hitec. Unfortunately within two tanks the throttle servo failed again resulting with the same malfunctions. So i contacted Savox about the problem and informed them of the problem resulting in no help from them. so a friend gave me a new Savox 0236 for the throttle so i could race that weekend. We went and practiced the day before the race and after a gallon of fuel the truck was perfect. The next day/race day came around and the truck was still running flawlessly. Unfortunately come qualifying the same problem occurred when the throttle servo would only function the throttle and pulsate when the brakes were applied. The endpoints are set properly and all components are smooth and operate properly. i am at a complete loss as to why i continue to go through throttle servos, 3 of them so far. 2 Savox 0236's and 1 0235. The receiver has been changed between a new 3 channel specktrum and a new 4 channel spektrum because i went from a dx3r pro to a dx4r pro. Does anyone else have the same problem or any idea of what my problem might be. Again it is not due to incorrect endpoints or throttle/brake linkage being bound or stiff

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had only savox servo's since i have been in the 1/5 scale and the 0236 has been great no problems at all. My opinion its not the servo' causing your problem its in your radio, Spektrum radio equipment are constantly in posts where people have diff problems with them. Buy a Futaba and solve your problem.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks