Scam??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trick to PayPal is to know up front that they are Buyer slanted, so if you ever get in a hassle, and you are the seller, you will probably lose. I sold a 1991 Sold/Stainless Rolex Daytona Watch ($5400 sale) to a guy who wanted a refund because he was told by a pawn shop that the watch band was fake. He sent the watch back to me and I had the watch verified by an authorized Rolex Retailer that the watch and band were 100% authentic, provided proof of this to PayPal, and they STILL ruled against me, believe it or not. The guy had Buyer's remorse and used PayPal's slanted appeals process to make me take it back.

Remember also, that if PayPal is tapped into your checking or CC accounts, they can go to these for money recovery if you lose in a dispute, but they will not do this until the process is complete, so here is what you can do pre-emptively in an unjustified reversal regarding checking/savings account and credit card access:

1. You cannot call your Credit Card company and ban PayPal access to your account. They will tell you you have to do this with PayPal, but Paypal will not allow you to delete a CC account in the middle of a dispute.

But you CAN accidently "LOSE" your card, report it to the CC company, who will then send you a replacement card with a different number, which automatically stops any preauthorized vendors (like PayPal) from charging your card because they are tied to the old number. It works. But you will have to re-authorize any allowed vendors to charge your new number.

2. You can ban PayPal from your bank accounts, but you generally will have to sign a statement at your local branch, and there may be a fee for this. Another alternative is to close out the account PayPal is tied into and open another with a different number, which has the same effect and the Credit Card tactic listed above.

3. You should always immediately transfer any monies in your PayPal acccount to the related checking or savings account, because any balance you have up to the amount disputed will be frozen, and any monies coming into your account up to the disputed limit will be frozen as well.

4. As a Buyer, always pay thru PayPal with a credit card if possible, because with a CC you get chargeback privileges as well. If you pay with money from a checking or savings account, you only have the PayPal dispute process if you get scammed by a seller, and you are at the mercy of PayPal's Customer No-service department. Paypal discourages Credit Card payment for this very reason, although they will not tell you this. Credit Card chargeback privileges kind of equals the playing field, because it puts you on a more equal footing with the big old PayPal, having a large credit card company dealing with them as well.

Dave

hmm, thanks for the tips. This guy that scammed me, emailed me last night, called me a female dog, lol, cause i stole money from him. I hope someone gets his a$$ on a deal.

well, now he is telling me he is going to "see me soon, and i'm a F-in scumbag"
Can you believe this guy. I don't even get the emails,anymore, they go directly to the Sheriff, he is letting me know what he is getting.

What a moron, now its going from a scam they might prosecute to a threat they will now follow up on and prosecute. How deep does this guy want the hole he's digging to be?

ya who knows, I'm not 2 worried, he can show up if he wants, i have a nice surprize waiting for him.

long process, he stated the county of Victoria is so large, that is will take time for their SO to do anything. And in this case, other than he scammed me, nothing can be done with that. The fact that he threated me, may be his downfall. And actually he threatened the sheriff, because i don't get his emails anymore, they are forwarded to the sheriff, and this scumbag knows it. So i'm not sure what his game is, maybe he just gets drunk and likes to threaten people i don't know.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks