Scammer Alert !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newmer

I hate to admit it, but I'm sure I've been scammed. :( This guy has such a scam history, he brings up about 5 hits on a google search of his name. Has a very long history. I know its the same guy, because in all cases he uses the same home address. He uses the name "Ken Meyers, Texas", and the email [email protected]. Look it up on Google, and you will be amazed !!!
All the scams are on RC and collector sites, and all involve him selling stuff, and and then screwing people out of money.
His user name on this site is "amergroup1" He advertised a Baja for sale, along with the pipe. I sent a M.O to Texas, and it was cashed. I had it traced. He promised it would be shipped, along with a tracking number. For about the last few weeks, he no longer is taking my phone calls, or is returning Emails. He is still on this site, I noticed in the history recently he was sniffing around.

I normally do not sling mud about a person on a web site, but I consider this a warning to all fellow RC fans out there who may be accidently involved with this guy. He seems to change his user name often, and changes sites once his scam has been recognized.
Also, if anyone knows anymore info, could they please forward it onto me.
My wife works for the Local Police Dept. in my area, and along with other cop friends, I've been in contacting the fraud dept both in Houston Texas, as well as locally.

Thanks, Newmer

Last edited:
I do not want to say too much, as I know he's still sniffing around this site. I'm working with the police on both sides of the border. I kick myself for being this stupid !!!! My gut was telling me something was not 100% the day I sent the money order, and I tried to get it cancelled through Canada post. I did some homework on this guy before I decided to deal, but not enough obliviously. The more research I do, the more scams I find all the way back to 2005!!!
It's amazing that someone's name can bring up so much stuff on Google.

Everyone be warned !!! I've found scams he's tried, within the last few days, on some RC sites, as well as book collector sites, Heli sites..... He does not use Paypal. M.O orders only.
Full of stories. Lost my job, going through divorce ......... Uses different names and Email addresses.

He has addresses on Amy Street and Palmer Street in Houston TX. Other aliases: John Myers, Gilbert Myers, John Richard.

Known email addresses: mobilewagon @ yahoo.com, scansox @ yahoo.com

If you google his email addresses, you'll see how long and wide his thievery have been.

Last edited:
I just Googled the guys email addy....Holy F**K!

He has a scam list as long as Shaquille O'Neal's arm. I am sorry for you mate, and I hope the police can do something to help.

Last edited:
i have been there, my scammer was in Texas also, i almost lost my MCD, but i called UPS and they stopped shipment. but i lost $300 in shipping and ebay charges.

Funny thing, this guy is still on this site, and posting !!!
Hey AMERGROUP1, do the right thing and send my money back. He was sent money for a baja he posted for sale, and it never showed up. Lots of promises, but all B.S !!! :nono:

If I lived in Houston id drive to his house for you and knock on his door. Sadly I am about 8 hours north. I hope the police goes knocking on his door, but the chance of that for an item under $1k is very small. I hope this gets resolved for you.

-Alex-

No, but keep calling, emailing, posting all over, pushing fraud department and his police department. Everything you can do to keep it alive the better. Persistence can pay off.
How much are we talking about?

I said it before and I will say it again. If I lived closer to him I would go knock on this guys door. I hate scammers!

Much appreciated. he has not been around for some time. I keep looking.
Word of warning. Canadians, never use money orders!!!!! I tried to void the order even before it reached this guy, (because my gut was giving me a bad feeling) and Canada post would do nothing !!!!!!!

Newmer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks