Scammer - Ebay! rose198011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

just thought id give you guys a heads up about this ebay seller: rose198011, I bought these for £30 + £2.50 P&P
http://www.ebay.co.u...&orig_cvip=true

however 2 weeks later no sign of them, I contacted the seller:

[font=arial,sans-serif]Me: Hi, i still have not recieved this item yet, has it been posted? if so do you have a tracking number please?
Thanks[/font]

Seller:
[font=arial,sans-serif]hi, sorry for the delay but i have been working, all bits are getting sted this morning, thanks[/font]

a week later, nothing, sent a few messages, no reply until 2 days ago but ONLY because i gave negative feedback:

Seller:
[font=arial,sans-serif]hi, im sorry your item has not arived yet, i posted it when i said i did, can you please remove the bad feedback as i have done nothing wrong, i will give you a full refund, can you please let me know when or if you will remove the bad feedback, thanks[/font]

So I replied & said I will happily remove the negative feedback as soon as i recieve a refund.

2 days later still awaiting refund! ..then while browsing ebay i came across these by the same seller for £70.00!
http://www.ebay.co.u...85616769&_rdc=1

Very familiar, .....he needs to work on his de-anodizing skills!

Anyway by the 11th is when ebay will sort as thats the time he has to issue a refund.

Basically, seems to me he sold them to me for £30.00, then decided he wants more than £30, so relisted them for £70! (lol!) after is epic fail attempt at de-anodizing.

On a plus side i just bought these for £40 + P&P! which also come with hubs, wishbones mounts & Elcon Shock Mounts (although 1 wishbone mount has a bolt snapped in it which is no biggy as i already have 2 sets of elcon mounts) :D
http://www.ebay.co.u...91237730&_rdc=1
& The seller of these ones (quacks118) IS trusted i bought a set of FG Monster wheels of him about 3-4 weeks ago :)

Last edited:
The guy has sold nearly 800 items.
He has received 4 negative feed back comments from "3" buyers and one of them is you.
So basically not counting you (because paypal has not resolved the issue yet) there are only 2 unhappy people that have purchased from this seller.
Thats like .25%

Still think he is a Scammer?

Edit: the parts in the two links you provided are different and he has not de-annoed them.

Last edited:
Hi Daz,
It's a case of 1+1 possibly =2, but I possibly agree with Allanach.
One set - blues - have bolts in the shock mount area, the other - 'de-annoed' - have bolts where the anti-roll bar is.
Easily arranged of course.
The arm adjustment looks a little different.
I THINK I've used Rose before, not a whole lot 'though :)D), and had no problem.

It is something that requires clarification.

I've sold things on Ebay and not set a reserve and they've gone for way less than I'd have liked - got to bite the bullet and accept 'my fault' and send the item.
Good luck mate.
Al.

i would just add......the blue ones are krikke alloy just Elcon coloured

the silver ones could be the same ones deanodised,but built up the

other way round;) at least ebay are on it for you Barry

as for scammers i never risk it and always buy new:w00t:

K....

I have a strong feeling that this "Rose" is a more recent name for VIC FISHING or something like that and I think he was from chattem in Kent.

I've definitely used Vic, and not had any problems.
I've negotiated an offer off Ebay and bought directly from him, which he agreed to.
Al.

vic was great to deal with i had most the bug bits from him including the 23cc oddie engine which turned out to be oddies own one,,its a shame hes no longer selling unless mike right and hes changed his name to rose

another good seller was davespeed had a few deals with him as well,,i think hes now called jadesmum?

and not forgeting simons fg bits hes a good seller and still going strong also recomended

The guy has sold nearly 800 items.
He has received 4 negative feed back comments from "3" buyers and one of them is you.
So basically not counting you (because paypal has not resolved the issue yet) there are only 2 unhappy people that have purchased from this seller.
Thats like .25%

Still think he is a Scammer?

Edit: the parts in the two links you provided are different and he has not de-annoed them.

the parts are the same & they look like elcon just from different angles ^ also bolts removed etc:
217-thickbox.jpg

when de-anodising if you leave it dipped too long you get black spots/speckles on the alloy, which can be seen in the arms he re-listed!

i know what his game was, he sold them to me for £30 + P&P, realised he could maybe get more for them, didnt post them (i asked a few times for a tracking number which he never gave me) then re-listed them for £70 ...why didnt he just send me the arms he relisted which are the same if the original ones got *lost* in the post!? ..because he wanted more for them! lol

& whats so special about the arms he has listed now that he bumped up the price £40! they are exactly the same arms. Anyway all sorted now i have a refund & i got a much better pair from ebay with mounts & hubs for £40 :D

& yup to me he is a scammer, because he only gave me a refund AFTER ebay contacted him, 90% of my messages he did not reply to, maybe he was hoping i would just forget about it! lol who knows & as in wez's link, he tried the same tricks with myself!

Last edited:
on a side note, ive bought a few bits of vic in the past including lower arms with sttel balljoints & a servo saver, never had any probs :)

Well I'm glad you got a refund and everything ended okay for you.

I still don't understand why he would throw away really good feedback for 30 dollars?
Think about it as you wouldn't do it and I wouldn't do it.
What's your reputation worth???

I'm not defending this guy as I don't know him but it just seems crazy to throw away good reputation for 30 dollars..... I don't understand.

Well I'm glad you got a refund and everything ended okay for you.

I still don't understand why he would throw away really good feedback for 30 dollars?
Think about it as you wouldn't do it and I wouldn't do it.
What's your reputation worth???

I'm not defending this guy as I don't know him but it just seems crazy to throw away good reputation for 30 dollars..... I don't understand.

i guess its greed!

when breaking fg's on ebay theres no need for greed

they probaly only give 4-5 hundred quid for a full alloy fg they only have to sell 10 or so parts for 40-50 quid and its paid for theres stll 90% of the car left even at a fiver each bit left is a touch

then the engine/pipe/clutch /carb there all good money back

so theres no need for greed theres enough money coming back,,,them arms are only worth £40-£50 quid anyway £70 is just taking the piss all these parts are used making them not quite worth half of new ones

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks