School me on LiPo's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgarbarino

New to using Lipo batteries for the receiver pack. I have a 5200mah, 2 cell 7.4v battery. I'm getting confused with the storage voltage. Supposed to store the battery at about 3.8v per cell right? If a fully charged battery output is 7.4v, are the 2 cells both fully charged at 7.4v?

Then you use or discharge the battery down to 3.8v per cell?

I've got a SKYRC iMAX B6AC V2. I know it has a storage mode but I'm just asking about the voltage on the battery per cell. Does a fully charged battery hold 7.4v per each cell for total overall battery voltage of 7.4v?

Another way to ask, if I put a fully charged battery on a cell meter would each individual cell read 7.4v? For storage I know I'd want to get each cell down to 3.8. I'm asking more about checking voltage while I'm out running than using the storage mode on my charger.

That's what confuses me, if 7.4v is the total between the 2 cells and the storage charge should be 3.8v per cell how does that work out? What am I not getting?

Voltage -The voltage of a battery is also determined by the cell arrangement (series), and there are a few common voltage measurements worth noting:
Charged - the voltage of a fully-charged LiPo cell is 4.20V, and charging above this will damage the cell.
Nominal - this can be considered a sort of "half-charged" voltage, as it is 3.70V, in between charged and discharged. Nominal voltage is what manufacturers use when describing the voltage of their batteries.
Discharged - the voltage of a discharged LiPo cell is 3.00V, and discharging below this will definitely damage the cell.
Because the battery shown has a 3S arrangement, it is marked with its nominal voltage of 11.1V (3.70V*3 cells). A fully charged 3S pack is 12.60V and a fully discharged 3S pack is 9.00V.

Something simple I found online.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks