Screws stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BtB: Did you get your Baja back together yet? I finally finished mine last night. The weather sucks and the garage is freezing cold to work in. So I brought it in last night to work on it. Figured the new baby needed to get used to the smell of gasoline!:D (I'm on my last week of being off work....4 weeks...I could get used to this!)

Post some pics of yours when you have a chance. I'm really pleased at the "lack of purple" my Baja now has!

I have a clear body to paint now and then I should be good to go! I will finally feel like I'm not driving a "rental".

No, at the moment it is still in the hobby room 1/2 put together. I had all my parts but I found a manufacturing defect in my 27.2 big bore kit. I also found the rotor ro be damaged with some bent and missing teeth so I'm going to try having them ship out a new one with the replacement head. And so I wait putting together what I can untill it arrives. I also like the removed purple color, well worth the time so far. Wonder how long untill the SS guys get sick of the orange and start changing that?

Attachments

• DSC03612.jpg
    DSC03612.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 38
I'm not that fond of the orange anodizing either really. HPI should have just used a gunmetal color instead.

That sucks about the big bore kit! I'm getting one after Christmas for the Firehammer MT. After the 23 goes bad on the Baja, I'll get one for that as well.

Pretty much finished my Baja. Deanodized the purple, added the Turtle Racing alloy diff housing, new Bad Horsie shock covers, and a new red body! Still need to clean the RedNeck filter and put it on.

redbaja.jpg

redbaja2.jpg

Wow, what a difference I like it! What paint did you use on the rims I was thinking the same thing but not sure what would stick, not to say i couldn't just repaint every once in awhile.
Good job!:cool2:

Thanks, I actually had bought the chrome rims for the Baja when I purchased it back in July. The chrome doesn't really stay on the wheel really well around the wheel nut, I had to buy some nylon washers to go between the nut and wheel. I still have the original black rims with Hostile tires on them for the dirt. I'm thinking about getting the white rims with red beadlocks.....or maybe I'll just buy red beadlocks for the offroad. So many decisions, so little cash! :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks