Seal the drilled hole in FG MT wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cub2000

You know how some people drill a hole in the wheel so that water can get out of the tires. Well, I have the oposite scenario: I now don't like the drilled hole in each wheel. What's the best way to seal that hole? Put solder in the hole?

Any idea is appreciated.

hi super glue but not a runny type because that might glue the tire to the rim on the inside that's what id do should work but make sure you don't put to much pressure on the tire as this will course a sort of dent in the tire just put it on its side and gently apply the glue in the hole

hope that helps

How about epoxy? That's less runny than super glue, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough to keep the air inside on bounces. That's why I was thinking of soldering the hole up.

Did you get the bead fully glued? I never have been able to get them to completely seal on the bead so the sealant should work. Use a product called "ZAP" you will find many other uses for it, like keeping your screws in place.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks