Selling all my R/C stuff at once?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Macdonald

Hi guys,

I got into the hobby starting three years ago and I absolutely loved it. I acquired a bunch of electric and gas vehicles, along with a lot of parts and accessories. What I didn't realize was the time commitment to do this hobby right. I've got small kids and escalating job responsibilities. So I'm thinking about something like the following:

• Describe the make/model of each vehicle (e.g., I have an X-Maxx and a Losi 5T)
  • Describe the parts, chargers and related gear for sale together with the cars (note: I'm not selling any tools except maybe some that are totally specific to R/C)
  • Make YouTube video showing each vehicle, the condition of it, etc. currently several of them require relatively minor repairs to be fully working. E.g., the Losi has a blown gasket that I haven't had time to fix.
  • Show all receipts etc for this gear.
  • List on eBay as an all-or-none lot -- I don't have time to parcel it out. In selling this way I'm prepared to take substantially less than the combined market value of all the stuff if sold off separately.
I figure either a hobbyist who wants to grab a bunch of new vehicles at a relatively low price might be interested. Alternatively, this might be an opportunity for someone with more time available to fix up each one and sell individually for a considerable overall profit versus what they'd pay for the lot.

The Losi alone cost me $2300 Canadian or so, and it has maybe 20 hours on it total. I haven't quite figured out how much of a loss I'm willing to take, but I expect I'd set the reserve pretty low. Shipping would be borne by the purchaser. It shouldn't be too bad if we crate it all up industrial style and send it by ground.

Anyhow I know I haven't given you guys a whole lot of info here, but I'm really just looking for feedback along the lines: "nope, that's dumb" or "yeah I'd definitely take a serious look if the price was right".

If there's enough interest I'll get started on a more detailed manifest/video.

Thanks for any help!

Steve M

I’d sell each truck as one unit and that’s not parting it out but still selling fairly quickly
If you pm me pics of the xmaxx and Lodi I might be interested in one or the other...

Id be interested in a package deal for a incredible bargain. You will lose alot though as not many people will have the kind of money any significant collection would be worth. Atleast not to piss away on toys. You would be wise to break it up, but its your stuff. If losing money works for you then try it.

If you want the most money out of it (and the most work), take all of it apart and sell it off in bits. Thats what a lot of people do where I live. In particular with large scales. Nobody wants to pay what used large scales are (relatively speaking) worth, because of the stresses put on them. A vehicle can look completely fine but be a basket of gremlin issues brougth about by heavy use.

If you want the most money out of it (and the most work), take all of it apart and sell it off in bits. Thats what a lot of people do where I live. In particular with large scales. Nobody wants to pay what used large scales are (relatively speaking) worth, because of the stresses put on them. A vehicle can look completely fine but be a basket of gremlin issues brougth about by heavy use.
That holds true for alot of products. I have a mint 1984 honda 3wheeler. I'd be lucky to get 1k for it as it sits. If I part it out I can get much closer to 3k. Its a shame thats how it is since alot of minty machines get butchered up, making survivors even harder to find.

That holds true for alot of products. I have a mint 1984 honda 3wheeler. I'd be lucky to get 1k for it as it sits. If I part it out I can get much closer to 3k. Its a shame thats how it is since alot of minty machines get butchered up, making survivors even harder to find.
It's that way with a lot of stuff, cars, tractors, motorcycles, guns ect.... I have my grandfather's antique bolens ride-a-matic garden tractor. All original, never painted or anything. Most importantly it has the original (running) 4 hp kohler engine, which most replaced with the factory available 6 hp engine (oo I know tons of power lol) the engine by its self is worth more then the rest of the tractor. The tractor is more or less worthless all together, except to a certain few.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks