servo failsafe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller153

Hello all, i am looking at getting tree servos for my MCD rally but am a little unsure as what is best. have ben looking at some hitec servos and curious as to if there is a good equivenlent that is reliable.
Also is there another fail safe other than the killer bee. A mate at work has a carson failsafe which does brake and kill switch, cant seem to find these for sale anywhere.
Any help apreciated

Don't forget FAILSAFE and KILL SWITCH are 2 different things.
If there's a KILL that will brake as well - if there's still power - then that's brilliant.
KILL only kills the engine in the event of power or transmitter connection loss, or at your choice if its on the auxiliary channel.
FAILSAFE does not touch the engine, but can be programmed to BRAKE and STEER if set up well ONLY IF THERE IS POWER - no power and a failsafe is useless.

Kent, worth looking into a combined you reckon? (Killer RC)

Al.

Last edited:
the carson fail safe that i have seen is conected to throttle servo and engine kill switch. If you turn of the transmiter engine kills and servo go to full brake. the only thing i need to check is if you turn of power to receiver does it do the same. I think it will as he had troble with getting throttle to work with a uncharged battery..

i only use the pretty red cased multiplex digi4's on my MCD's :rolleyes:

last count i had 12 of them:lol::lol:

MCDmonstertruck003.jpg

as for an engine kill switch +1 to Atom you cannot afford to buy crap :p

there are other types on the market and i always have a few laying around

0028.jpg

K....

Does the throttle servo have to have the same torque capabilities as the steering or can I get away with less.
What do you use the pico switch on?

Last edited:
Most all radios already have a servo failsafe built in. You just have to set it up. An outboard failsafe is an added connection, and more stuff to fail, plus pay for.
Carson kill switches are not made anymore. They don't work with 2.4ghz radios anyway.
Just set your radios failsafe and use a Super Bee kill switch. That's the best it gets.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks