Servo gear repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So out of the blue my servo got an issue
On my 65 build😤 anyway I got lucky and managed to fix it👍🏻 what confused me was savox used a combo of brass and steel for the gears 🤷‍♂️ the one I repaired was a brass one that had a steel gear pressed in to it🤔 the set next to it is steel with a steel gear pressed in🤷‍♂️ so in the end I just repaired it with a center punch👍🏻 got the gear in and used the punch to splay the the brass 👏🏻 now I'm ready for action 😎20210608_110809.jpg20210608_110804.jpg20210608_110800.jpgScreenshot_20210608-121527_Messenger.jpg

Thats strange that a brass gear is used along with steel ? Brass obviously is soft and has minimal "shear strength". Maybe the brass design is specifically engineered to absorb a harsh gear clash and strip . Sometimes components are designed to easily break so that more expensive components don't also recieve catastrophic damage. Brass is also an excellent conductor of heat, and maybe that brass gear draws excessive heat out from the armatuer electrics side of the servo ?

This servo was form hpi ss build mid 2019 and has see plenty action👍🏻 in the last vid the 65 takes a tumble and is steering fine, get the car turned around and then nothing 🤦‍♂️. Not sure how long my #macgyver🤣 will last 🤷‍♂️ time will tell or at least till my gear replacement arrives 👍🏻
Mine did the same. Replaced it. Ran it and broke same gear again. It's still broken. With now (2) rebuild kits.

That was well over a year ago

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks