Servo Questions ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K88MUD

Hi guys

Sorry guys if this has been covered before but i couldnt find anything.
I want to fit a seperate servo for the front brake and one for the throttle.....now my TX is an old 40mhz FM stick set.

Can this be done ??.....i know you can run 2servo's off the same channel but i want to run it 2 different ways.
Hope this makes sence.

Hi guys

Sorry guys if this has been covered before but i couldnt find anything.
I want to fit a seperate servo for the front brake and one for the throttle.....now my TX is an old 40mhz FM stick set.

Can this be done ??.....i know you can run 2servo's off the same channel but i want to run it 2 different ways.
Hope this makes sence.

it can be done on the third channel and mix it if you tx has that function??? but if not then the only way is with a y lead to connect the 2 servos together, that how mine runs and it works fine bud :cool2:

it can be done on the third channel and mix it if you tx has that function??? but if not then the only way is with a y lead to connect the 2 servos together, that how mine runs and it works fine bud :cool2:

Cheers......mine isnt mix-able on the 3rd channel so it looks like a Y lead then......how do you make each servo only work one way and return to centre ?

i can't put pics up as it's stripped at the mo mate :no:

are you fittin cables or hydros???????

Hydro's on the front and it still has the mechanical on the transmission for the rear.....i plan on hydro's for the rear in the future.
I wanted to run the throttle on one servo and the brakes on the other.

on the second servo i put the servo arm facin the right side of the car so when the brakes are applied the arm moves to the rear of the car and that then pulls the cables on.

if your on hydros do it the other way so it moves forwards and pulls the cylinder arm.

hope that makes sence bud??? not good at explainin it :clown::clown:

sorry typed that as you put yours :clown::clown:

don't think that can be done as the throttle rod comes down the same side as the rear brakes, i've just left the rear brake and throttle the way they were and did as i said the the front brakes :cool2:

on the second servo i put the servo arm facin the right side of the car so when the brakes are applied the arm moves to the rear of the car and that then pulls the cables on.

if your on hydros do it the other way so it moves forwards and pulls the cylinder arm.

hope that makes sence bud??? not good at explainin it :clown::clown:

Ok.....got that but will it not push/pull when you throttle is in full on position ? and thus move the brake servo the wrong way ?
Im not good at explaining things in text lol :helpsmilie:

if you mount the cylinder on the right side of your car then put the servo arm facin inwards so when the brakes are applied the arm will move to the front of the car thus pullin the cylinder arm.

if the cylinder is the push rod type then you fit the servo arm the opposit way so it would move to the rear of the car and push the rod into the cylinder.

if the cylinder is the push rod type then you fit the servo arm the opposit way so it would move to the rear of the car and push the rod into the cylinder.

Got that but what stops it pulling the rod out of the cylinder when you hit full throttle as apossed to full brakes.....:helpsmilie:

put a small sping or piece of fule pipe on the other side so when it wants to go to full throttle it can move the sping instead of tryin to pull the rod out, try that mate i may work???????????

put a small sping or piece of fule pipe on the other side so when it wants to go to full throttle it can move the sping instead of tryin to pull the rod out, try that mate i may work???????????

Thanks.....thats how the throttle/brake set up is now......will try find a rod long enough.

Thanks.....thats how the throttle/brake set up is now......will try find a rod long enough.
Go to Lloyd and Jones and they will give you HT 3mm rod. A metre for about three quid. I removed all mine and used that.....Hmmm,4 years ago,might be a bit dearer,not by much though.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks