Servo Saver Question, too loose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeyB

So I have noticed when I put on larger wheels like the excavators rather than the stock thinner sand front tires I have reduced turning from a stand still. What I have noticed is my servo would turn fine but the spring of the servo saver will rise up.

I have this same trouble on my Tmaxx, I can only turn the wheel when moving, and when standing I see the servo saver spring raise.

It would be nice to have to have a tight turn radius from stand still especially since with Nitro and Petrol we don't really have reverse. Should I put a shim in or heavier spring to the spring up, I realize that this is the purpose of the saver just seems way to loose.

I have the same problem with my 5T.I have Excavators and the turning circle is hopeless. Tighten your servo saver down and try it,if that doesn't work you may have to replace your steering linkage.don't forget though,the excavators are much wider and therefore heavier on the steering.
J.
I think DS done a saver mod for this problem ,I'll try to find it.

I have the same problem with my 5T.I have Excavators and the turning circle is hopeless. Tighten your servo saver down and try it,if that doesn't work you may have to replace your steering linkage.don't forget though,the excavators are much wider and therefore heavier on the steering.
J.
I think DS done a saver mod for this problem ,I'll try to find it.

haven't heard of a saver mod but i have seen this from DS ;P

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7916/.f

works nice with teh threshold servo saver spring support ;)

i kept the plastic parts but added the ds servo saver and threshold servo saver spring support :D. gonna be replacing the stock plastic steering servo mount today with the PA racing unit :D. also gonna be adding a couple more pieces :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks