Servo Saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldursus

The Servo Saver on my FHMT has not done it's job.
I have eaten one Servo, and two Servo Horns.

I love this truck, but I hate digging the Steering servo out and having to replace something.

Any suggestions??

Driving better has already been suggested, and is being applied. Next. :devil:

The only thing I have done to mine so far is snap the spline off the servo. Good question as to what to do........What kind of wrecks are you having to cause this? Just curious. Are there any bends in your chassis? Any binds in the steering setup?

One thing that really bugs me is that there are no companies out there in the U.S. that import some good hopups for the clones. They would definitely sell. Finally, someone now has the steel pinion and spur gear combo (largescalerc.com). I would love to see some other parts in the US more readily available. Hobbythek really seems to be the only good place to order from for clone parts. Tower has a few parts but that's it.

Found this
kimc1002.jpg

At tower hobbies, But I cannot find a reference to the size. If it's "Normal servo saver" on the one side, this one "Should" work. Now on the other hand I am worried about torque, and hat the servo saver is going to do if you're really getting on it in a turn.

As to the type of wrecks, I keep finding curbs when I'm trying to steer out of a turn. Basically, turn the servo all the way to the left and the wheels all the way to the right (it happens in a "SNAP" Litterally).

On the subject of US dealers, Too Right!

Hey Leadfoot!!!!
Lookie what I Found
http://www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com/home
They have FG Tires and rims etc and other toya and a complete list of what is interchangeable for the DTX Firehammer, They do not have a list for the FHMT yet....
http://www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com/duratrax_

ENJOY!
Ursus

Cross them with these two then go there, you would be surprised how many are the same:
Buggy: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=DTXD97**&P=PU
MT: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0005p?&I=DTXD98**&P=Z

Rear Bumper

Let me see if I can post the bumper the shock towers are coming in Carbon Fiber as soon as I get the drawings done.

Attachments

• ebay 12-7-07 MT bumper 001.jpg
    ebay 12-7-07 MT bumper 001.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 10
  • ebay 12-7-07 MT bumper 003.jpg
    ebay 12-7-07 MT bumper 003.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
hey I like them I hope you plan on different styles and can you make air spoiler for the back of the truck lit us know what all you will make thanks I wonder if there are LED lights that would work ? what do you think idursus. thanks

Got another style going right now that will have a metal (2" Hitch) Reciver type hitch bolted on it. That will incorporate a trailer hitch and next project Wheelie Bar. Led lights would be cool but they would have to be custom special order they would get expensive.

Got another style going right now that will have a metal (2" Hitch) Reciver type hitch bolted on it. That will incorporate a trailer hitch and next project Wheelie Bar. Led lights would be cool but they would have to be custom special order they would get expensive.

They don't have to be.
I sell sets of 4 lights for 20 bucks at my LHS....
Custom colors, 3 settings (Blink, Fast Blink,ON) If you can make someplace to put them, I can build the LED's and the Harness. Just tell me where you want to mount the LEDs how you want to power them (BEC or Independant battery), and I'll make the wire the right length. EASY & Low Cost!
Ld.Ursus

Well I need to swap you a bumper for a set of those lights, or buy set of those lights so I can make the right size mount for them. Are you practiced in the ways of reading a caliper or mic? If so get me a O.D. of the led and a depth for the back of them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks