Servo Set Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mik3y

So I finally set up my dual steering Rhino Digi 4 servos today using the JR Matchbox to match up the servos so they don't fight each other.

I hooked up a servo volt/amp meter and here is my question:

When my steering is in neutral, i am getting a reading of 0.03 amps (both servos are quiet)...no buzzing noise

When I turn the steering ALL the way to the Right and maintain holding the wheels to the right, the amp meter reads about 0.40 - 0.45 amps and the servos..the servos make a little buzzing noise. Is that Normal? Should there be any current draw if all im doing is holding the steering to one direction? Also, is the buzzing noises normal too?

Same thing goes when I turn the wheels to the LEFT...I amp meter reads about 0.40- 0.45 amps.

Any insight will be appriciated.

thanks

bit of an old post i know but anyway!..

the buzzing noise is normal, i get it on my settup which uses 1x Rhino.

Just curious why did you decide to use 2x Rhinos!? Rhinos are more than capable of doing the job with just the one, using 2 means your going to drain your battery twice as fast! ..but if money aint an issue guess it does look sexi having 2x Bright red rhinos under the lid! :D ...love the colour of mpex servos, im using the power speed for my throttle/brake to \o/

oh yeh, just be sure to the set the EPA correct for when the stoppers hit the front arms or u may end up wit burnt out rhinos! trust me on this one, lets just say i know from past experience! lol :(

yes. if the servo is not centered, it will be using voltage. and even centered will have a bit as noted to keep it centered.
the "Buzzing" you hear is normal. just like your computer, a digital servo will buzz, chirp, or chatter at you, all your hearing is digitial communication between the rx and servos.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks