Servos choices Upgrade Ideas Please..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

Guy's,
I have descided to upgrade my servos and need some Ideas that I can look at.Any ideas high end and what can I use that's somewhat wallet friendly.I have my 2.4ghz radio/receiver that seems to be working very good so far.But I do not trust the servos.Any help would be great.
Thanks for all of your efforts and making a newbie to 1/5 scale welcome.:cup-3
:

Multiplex Rhino in Europe for steering - double up for stupid torque and reasonably fast times.
Savox 1256TG for throttle / brake.
Hitec equivalents in USA.
Hitec make a more-torquey 'standard' sized alternative to the Savox I mentioned, which has 280 oz in anyway (20 kg cm)
Airtronics has the Monster Torque - don't find it that easily now - with 423 oz in !! 'Standard sized'.
The fatter your wallet, the bigger the choice!!
Enjoy.
Al.

High end and wallet friendly don't go hand in hand. :D

What will they be used for?

Sorry for the vague post.I have had some shoulder surgery and was somewhat out of it lastnight.:mellow: What I wanted to say I am looking for both highend ideas and some wallet friendly ones also.:lol:
Thanks.

Edit: This is for my KM Buggy.,,,,,,,,,,

ok here's my opinion and its only my opinion so keep flames to yourself.

i would save your money and not go the multiplex route. get your hands on a hitec 5755 which has been bulletproof in my FG MT with the big heavy tractor tyres. done over 40 tanks in it and its never missed a beat. For under $100 i think its not only great value but close to best quality as well.

if you want to go cheap on throttle im in process of testing a bluebird which I got from hobbycity for under $25. 14.2 kilo torque @ 6.0volts and its very quick. Hi end for throttle you could always get one of the many hitecs out there, you want something around the 12+ kilo options though, to pull on the brake hard enough.

if you want to go cheap, and I don't recomend you could try the towerpro 9805, this came stock in my FG Baja RTR, ive already had to repair it and only done about 10 tanks but it was a cheap repair so not complaining.

I highly recomend the 5755 though.

hitec makes good servos, been using their stuff for years and only had 1 failure (was on an 8 year old servo, it didnt owe me anything). i hear the 5755 is a good servo, and they make some very stout standard size servos now.

they have a line of 7.4 volt servos, meaning you can power them direct from a 2s lipo pack. they are quite impressive speed and torque ratings, they even have one thats 10% larger than standard size putting out a whopping 611oz/in (46kg/cm) of torque. this is a great way to go if your receiver can handle 8.4 volts.

a cheaper route would be some of hitecs lower end digitals, a 5645 for throttle/brake and a 5755 for steering would work out fine.

I have been on the mend..So have not posted.:( Thanks all you guy's have given me some very good Ideas to mull over.I see what I should install to get the performance that I am looking for.Everyone always comes though.
Thanks again..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks