servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacman696

hi all

has anyone tried these servos? i got two today and they only cost £40 each , i know that there not that much cheaper than a hitec ,but these are faster and stronger (well that what it says) they are called alturn and come from the usa,i don't normaly buy anything but multi ones,but just thought i would give them a go .................phil

http://www.alturn-usa.com/index-e.htm

Let us know how you get on.
I've seen the publicity for these for a while.
Reading the specs, they appear at least 20% down on torque cf the established 'kings', which are obviously much more expensive.

Can't knock it before you try it.
Let us know.

Al.

On paper they look very good, even better than the new Hitec 5765 which is replacing the 5755.

As I recently found out though it's the holding power that is the real measure of a servo, torque can be higher on paper but holding power is where it's at.

On paper they look very good, even better than the new Hitec 5765 which is replacing the 5755.

As I recently found out though it's the holding power that is the real measure of a servo, torque can be higher on paper but holding power is where it's at.

That makes good sense! The more I look at these servos the better I like them. Yes please give us a review when you have some run time on them.
Thanks

Last edited:
pacman696 have you had a chance to install and test the servo? Did you get the digital or analog? I have been talking to them and since they do not have a distributor in the US have been considering being one. I have a sample ADS-880HMG that should be on its way. Please keep us posted.
Thanks

pacman696 have you had a chance to install and test the servo? Did you get the digital or analog? I have been talking to them and since they do not have a distributor in the US have been considering being one. I have a sample ADS-880HMG that should be on its way. Please keep us posted.
Thanks

I would be interested to knowhow they perform also. In addition can you post up what you get in the box when you buy them i.e. do you get alloy horn and various other plastic horns like you do when you buy a Hitec 5755?

I received an email from them saying my servo was put in the mail today. The one I have coming is the ADS-880HMG digital which has the coreless motor and heat sink. They come with servo arms but properly not alloy. Will post picture when I get mine but probably will not be here for 10 to 15 days.

Received my sample servo today. Do to the damn heat it might be another month before I get a chance to instal and give it a good test. If every checks out and there is a demand for them in the US I might start selling them.
DSCF6062.gif
DSCF6063.gif
DSCF6064.gif
DSCF6065.gif

Errr, I know me brain is a bit huddled by me meds at the moment, but are you saying a company in the USA making servos do not have a distributor in the USA !!!

It is a Taiwanese company and at the moment there are no US distributors. I might be handling these if my sample servo works out well. I have not done any testing do to the damn heat as of yet. I hope to start testing with in the next month.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks