Set-up Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

I have changed my radio over to the 2.4ghz set and I don't seem to be getting enough travel on my throttle servo. I have adjusted the end point to the max & it is still short of opening full throttle. When I turn it by hand its free and turns to full throttle. Any suggestions? Could it be my carb settings? I adjusted it in the winter & wound the tick over screw in to suit so it might have more travel now than it did last summer (if thats how it works or does it always have approx 90deg travel?) & with running in snow I never reached top speed to notice any difference but it seemed to rev ok. Im going to sleep on it & might try starting from stock carb settings again tomorrow. I would be grateful of any advise :)

The servo does seem to travel more in the 'brake' direction using the transmitter so I think I will turn it around tomorrow & see what happens?????

i would start by taking the t/b horn off, turn everything on, re center the trim/subtrim on the t/b channel. then re-install the horn, and make any EPA or Linkage adjustments as needed. depending on what you changed earlier, may be part of the hick up now.

I put the old Futaba set back on to see if there was any difference & all was fine so must be either the new set that is faulty or some other setting that need adjusting. Going to have another play with it today.

Sorted it :clap::celebrate::clap: There is a trim setting 'ATL' and the default setting was 50. It doesn't say what ATL means in the manual but it says its for adjusting the 'throttle brake side value'. Any way its bang on now. Ive set it to 80 so that the travel is limited to pull the carb fully open to the stop but doesn't go past that point and strain the carb itself. Happy days!!

Last edited:
1 more thing......I had a motronics fail safe fitted with my old Futaba TX set but this new set has 1 built in. If I set this will it be ok or do I need to put the old motronics 1 back??

set it and try it with motor off first. should be good without it.
you still may want to invest in a remote kill switch.

set it and try it with motor off first. should be good without it.
you still may want to invest in a remote kill switch.

Yeah done that mate. A kill switch will def be the next investment :cool2: It looks like a decent radio for the money. Will hopefully get out in the next hr to give it a blast :cool2:

All i use is the built in 1 on my 4pk and before on my 3vc so its fine to get rid of the motronics fail safe and free up your radio box.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks